Do you love the feel of hotel linens? Do you like the crispness of a freshly laundered shirt? If yes, then you might like the Brooklinen Classic Duvet Cover. This is a very popular duvet cover, so I was excited to see if it lived up the hype. Also, as a hot sleeper and a fan of breathable percale duvet covers, I wanted to know if the Brooklinen would keep me sleeping cool.
Is this percale duvet cover the right fit for you? Read on for my full review.
The Brooklinen Classic Duvet Cover is made with percale and should be a great option for hot sleepers.
You Might Like The Brooklinen If …
- You prefer crisp, hotel linens. If you like a thinner fabric that has the feel of hotel sheets, the Brooklinen might be a good choice for you. It really has that classic percale hand feel and is somewhat soft to the touch.
- You are a hot sleeper. If you constantly overheat at night, this duvet cover should be a good option. The percale fabric is quite breathable and allows for a good amount of airflow. Whether you sleep hot or need a duvet cover for the summer months, the Brooklinen is a great choice. If you pair this duvet cover with a thin comforter or duvet insert, you should be sleeping cool.
- You want something easy to clean. A benefit of cotton duvet covers is that they can be washed and dried at home. Having cleaned the Brooklinen at home, I can say it is a simple affair. I did have to iron it a bit, but it was quickly ready to use. Also, with its 100 percent long-staple cotton, it is a very durable duvet cover. It should stand up to many laundry cycles.
You Might Not Like the Brooklinen If …
- You like bedding with a soft, silky feel. While the Brooklinen is a bit soft, it does not have that silky soft, smooth feeling you find with some duvet covers. If you want a smoother feel, I would consider something made with a sateen weave rather than percale.
- You want a duvet cover for colder nights. If you’re looking for something to keep you very warm at night, this might not be the best option. A warm insert could help, but this breathable duvet cover won’t be adding any real insulation. If you want a duvet cover to keep you warmer, look at something with sateen or even flannel.
- You don’t like wrinkles. One of the downsides of percale is that it can get wrinkly, especially after washing and/or drying. You can iron this duvet cover on low heat, but it’s worth noting that this product could have wrinkles.
RELATED: How To Put On A Duvet Cover
Construction, Size, And Color Options
The duvet cover is part of the company’s Classic Bedding Collection. It is made with 100 percent long-staple cotton, which is a soft, durable material. It’s then constructed with a percale weave, so it is a thinner, more breathable duvet cover.
The fabrics used in the Brooklyn duvet cover are OEKO-Tex certified. They are free of harmful chemicals so this is a greener, more eco-friendly option.
The duvet cover is available in three sizes: Twin, Full/Queen, and King/California King. There are numerous color and pattern options to choose from.
Feel And Breathability
In terms of feel, the Brooklinen has a crisp, light hand feel. It isn’t silky or smooth like sateen, but the long-staple cotton does add some natural softness. Again, it is similar to what you would feel with thinner hotel linens.
A major benefit of percale is its breathability. It is a thinner material that allows for quite a bit of airflow. I can say that the Brooklinen duvet cover is one of the more breathable duvet covers I have tried. As a hot sleeper, I do often overheat at night. However, while using the Brooklinen duvet cover over a lighter comforter, I was surprised by how cool I slept.
Cleaning And Care
The Brooklinen, like many duvet covers, can be washed and dried at home. However, there are a few things to note when cleaning your Brooklinen at home:
- Wash the Brooklinen on a cold setting.
- Wash it by itself or with like-colored items.
- Use a mild, natural detergent.
- Tumble dry on low heat.
- Percale can be wrinkly, so you might need to iron the duvet cover after drying. Use a low setting so as not to scorch the duvet cover.
If you are a hot sleeper and enjoy the crisp feel of percale, the Brooklinen should be right up your alley. However, if you want something for those colder nights or like a silky smooth duvet cover, you might need to look elsewhere. The Brooklinen duvet cover comes with a Lifetime Warranty.
Latest posts by Marten Carlson (see all)
- Late Mornings Sateen Duvet Cover Review – Comfy And Eco-Friendly? - November 5, 2019
- Luxome Cooling Weighted Blanket Review – Hot Or Cold? - November 1, 2019
- Innerspring Vs Memory Foam Mattresses – The Ultimate Showdown - October 29, 2019