Those who love the feel of hotel linens or can’t get enough of a crisply laundered shirt should definitely take a look at the Brooklinen Classic Duvet Cover.
This is a very popular duvet cover, so I was excited to see if it lived up the hype. Also, as a hot sleeper and a fan of breathable percale duvet covers, I wanted to know if the Brooklinen would keep me sleeping cool.
To find out if this percale duvet cover is a breathable option for hot sleepers, read on for my full review.
The Brooklinen Might Work For …
- Those who prefer crisp, hotel linens. People who like a thinner fabric that has the feel of hotel sheets should find the Brooklinen to be a good choice. It really has that classic percale hand feel and is somewhat soft to the touch.
- Hot sleepers. For those who you constantly overheat at night, this duvet cover should be a good option. The percale fabric is quite breathable and allows for a good amount of airflow so, whether one sleeps hot or needs a duvet cover for the summer months, the Brooklinen is a great choice. Pairing this duvet cover with a thin comforter or duvet insert, most should be sleeping particularly cool.
- Those who want something easy to clean. A benefit of cotton duvet covers is that they can be washed and dried at home and, having cleaned the Brooklinen at home, I can say it is a simple affair. I did have to iron it a bit, but it was quickly ready to use. Also, with its 100 percent long-staple cotton, it is a very durable duvet cover, and it should stand up to many laundry cycles.
The Brooklinen Might Not Work For …
- Those who like bedding with a soft, silky feel. While the Brooklinen is a bit soft, it does not have that silky soft, smooth feeling one finds with some duvet covers. People who you want a smoother feel should consider something made with a sateen weave rather than percale.
- Those who want a duvet cover for colder nights. For those who are looking for something to keep them very warm at night, this might not be the best option. A warm insert could help, but this breathable duvet cover won’t be adding any real insulation. Those who want a duvet cover to keep them warmer might want to look at something with sateen or even flannel.
- People who don’t like wrinkles. One of the downsides of percale is that it can get wrinkly, especially after washing and/or drying. The duvet cover can be ironed on low heat, but it’s worth noting that this product could have wrinkles.
RELATED: How To Put On A Duvet Cover
Construction, Size, And Color Options
The duvet cover is part of the company’s Classic Bedding Collection, and it is made with 100 percent long-staple cotton, which is a soft, durable material. It’s then constructed with a percale weave, so it is a thinner, more breathable duvet cover.
The fabrics used in the Brooklyn duvet cover are OEKO-Tex certified, so they are free of harmful chemicals and are a greener, more eco-friendly option.
The duvet cover is available in three sizes: Twin, Full/Queen, and King/California King, and there are numerous color and pattern options to choose from.
Feel And Breathability
In terms of feel, the Brooklinen has a crisp, light hand feel and, while it isn’t silky or smooth like sateen, the long-staple cotton does add some natural softness. Again, it is similar to what one would feel with thinner hotel linens.
A major benefit of percale is its breathability because it is a thinner weave that allows for quite a bit of airflow. I can say that the Brooklinen duvet cover is one of the more breathable duvet covers I have tried. As a hot sleeper, I do often overheat at night but, while using the Brooklinen duvet cover over a lighter comforter, I was surprised by how cool I slept.
Cleaning And Care
The Brooklinen, like many duvet covers, can be washed and dried at home. However, there are a few things to note when cleaning the Brooklinen at home:
- Wash the Brooklinen on a cold setting.
- Wash it by itself or with like-colored items.
- Use a mild, natural detergent.
- Tumble dry on low heat.
- Percale can be wrinkly, so one might need to iron the duvet cover after drying. Use a low setting so as not to scorch the duvet cover.
For those who are hot sleepers and enjoy the crisp feel of percale, the Brooklinen should be a great idea. However, those who want something for those colder nights or like a silky smooth duvet cover might need to look elsewhere. The Brooklinen duvet cover comes with a Lifetime Warranty.
Latest posts by Marten Carlson (see all)
- Snowman Down Comforter Review – Like Sleeping Under A Cloud? - March 31, 2020
- Firm Vs Soft Mattress – Which Is Best? - March 10, 2020
- Intex Air Mattress Review – Great For A Guest Room? - February 26, 2020