Fans of foam (pillows) will be thrilled with the pillows we’re comparing today – TEMPUR-Pedic’s TEMPUR-Symphony pillow and the Bear’s LOFT-X hybrid foam pillow.
Both pillows are constructed with solid pieces of foam that will never go flat or change shape. However, TEMPUR-Pedic’s proprietary TEMPUR material is focused on contouring, while the LOFT-X foam is on another end of the spectrum with its resilience and bounce.
To find out more, watch my in-depth video and full written TEMPUR-Symphony vs Bear Pillow comparison below!
TEMPUR-Symphony vs Bear Pillow: Video Overview
- Foam fillings
- Removable and washable covers
- Textured covers
- Pillows have 5” profiles
- Both come with warranties
RELATED: Best Pillow for Side Sleepers
- Design features a gently arched side for back sleepers, and a flatter side for stomach and side sleepers
- Meant to work well for sleepers with a medium to large frame.
- Medium-Soft Feel (softens up over time)
- One Size: 24” x 17” x 5”
- Cover: 100% Polyester
- Netting: 100% Polyester
- Filling: 100% Molded ViscoElastic Polyurethane foam pad (made in the USA)
- Removable cover is machine washable and dryer friendly
- 5-year limited warranty
Read our full TEMPUR-Symphony pillow review, here!
- Cover: Double Ice Fabric; a special innovative fabric that feels cool to the touch – made up of 40% “cool yarn” and 60% polyester
- Queen size: 27″ x 15″ x 5″
- Core: LOFT-X FOAM; a hybrid foam that combines characteristics of memory foam and latex foam to contour to one’s spine and neck (100% polyurethane)
- Dual mesh side panels for continuous airflow throughout one’s sleep overnight
- Available in Queen and King
- 2-year warranty and 100 night trial (from the time the person receives the pillow)
Check out our full Bear pillow review, here!
Who Might Choose TEMPUR-Symphony…
- Combination sleepers. The construction of the TEMPUR-Symphony is unique because it’s dual-sided. One side is designed for sided and stomach sleepers and the other side is for back sleepers. This is a great pillow for indecisive sleepers who like to change things up frequently and want options.
- Larger body types/frames. Based on its height and firmness level, TEMPUR-Pedic recommends the TEMPUR-Symphony to sleepers with medium to larger frames. Based on my experience I’m inclined to agree with the brand!
Who Might Choose Bear…
- Hot sleepers. The Bear pillow has numerous features to help keep sleepers cool, including Double Ice Fabric that’s woven with cool yarn and a ventilated core filling to promote airflow.
- Those who insist on a trial period. Bear offers a 100+ night trial on their pillow sleepers to test out and see if it’s a good match. Unfortunately, TEMPUR-Pedic does not allow returns on bedding, including any pillows.
For those who love latex foam or hybrid foam pillows, this one might be worth the price. Click the button below to save 20% on a Bear pillow!
Who Could Go with Either…
- Those who desire a pillow that won’t fall flat. As previously mentioned, the cores of both pillows are solid pieces – albeit different shapes and features – but rest assured neither will fall flat after a night of sleep.
Based on first glances and first impressions, it can appear that these pillows are extremely similar. Yes, they’re both foam pillows with washable covers but the TEMPUR-Symphony pillow’s dual-sided design is better for combination sleepers and Bear’s pillow may be a particularly good match for hot sleepers.