There is a 100% guarantee that one of these two pillows will be a great option for even the pickiest of sleepers. The affordable and down-like Five Star Down Alternative pillow is sure to be a hit with those who prefer fluff and softness. Meanwhile, sleepers favoring support and versatility – and are up for trying rayon from bamboo will fall head over heels for the Coop Home Goods Adjustable Shredded Memory Foam pillow. Either way, someone will end up happy.
Read on for my full Five Star Down Alternative vs Coop Home Goods Pillow comparison!
Five Star Down Alternative vs Coop Home Goods Pillow: Video Overview
- Washable and dryer friendly
- Both can work for stomach sleepers
Five Star Down
- 100% cotton cover – called Damask fabric with satin piping
- 300 thread count
- 1.5″ gusset for maximum loft
- 100% polyester fibers (down-like filling)
- Flat and formed
- Sizes: Standard, Queen, King, and Euro Size
- No trial period or warranty options (unless specified by retailer)
Check out our full Five Star Down Alternative pillow review, here!
Coop Home Goods
- The cover is 60% Polyester, 40% Bamboo-Derived Rayon and designed to be breathable
- Shredded memory foam filling (CertiPUR-US® certified foam)
- Access to filling – can remove as much/little as desired
- Comes in Standard, Queen and King sizes
- 30-night no-questions money-back guarantee and 5-year warranty
Who Might Choose Five Star Down…
- Sleepers who favor a pillow that maintains its shape. In a true contrast to the Coop Home Goods pillow, sleepers are unable to manipulate the filling of this pillow – the most that can be done is for it to be fluffed occasionally in the dryer.
- Those on a firm budget. The Five Star Down Alternative pillow is significantly less expensive than the Coop Home Goods pillow and sincerely affordable on most budgets.
- Stomach sleepers. Based on my experience, this pillow is the best fit for stomach sleepers (or even some side/back sleepers) who want a little bit more firmness and even distribution than a down pillow.
Who Might Choose Coop Home Goods…
- Larger body types. The Coop Home Goods pillow comes overstuffed, especially straight out of the dryer where it unveils its huge loft support. This makes it a great fit for taller or larger people whose broader shoulders require support that can only come from an oversized pillow.
- Those who like options. Coop Home Goods is adjustable and filled with larger pieces of shredded memory foam that can be removed based on one’s sleep position and personal preference. This pillow can feel comfortable for any type of sleeper and may be preferred by those who sleep in many positions who want a customizable option.
- Shoppers who are up for modern fabrics. Bamboo is known for being super soft and lightweight, which makes it delightful as a pillow cover. Coop Home Goods features bamboo fabric in their cover which helps it breathe and feels great against your face.
Are you a combination sleeper? Remove as much filling as you like for your best night's sleep. Click the button below to unlock 10% Off a Coop Home Goods pillow!
These pillows do a tremendous job of meeting and surpassing different sleep needs. Stomach sleepers who are drawn to the cozy feeling of down – minus the allergies – will opt for the Five Star Down Alternative pillow. The Coop Home Goods pillow will serve a multitude of sleepers who wants to give the support and versatility of shredded memory foam filling a try. The super-soft bamboo/polyester cover is a treat, too.
Only Coop Home Goods comes with a trial offer but the Five Star Down Alternative pillow is a great value at an affordable price.