Editor’s Note: The Bear Adjustable Bed is no longer available for purchase. For similar options, check out our list of the best adjustable bases.
Bear’s Adjustable Bed is a great option for those looking for an adjustable bed but wouldn’t mind some additional features.
The bed can complement the Bear mattress or another mattress that works compatibly with adjustable beds. It offers the ability to raise the head and/or foot of the bed with a wireless remote. It has USB ports for keeping a smartphone or device charged and it has an especially nice massage option.
This review will go over the main highlights of the adjustable bed and the key takeaways consumers should know before making a purchasing decision.
|Twin XL||37” x 79.5”|
|Full||52.5” x 73.5"|
|Queen||58.5" x 79.5"|
|King||74" x 79.5"|
|Cal King||72" x 83.5"|
Height: The legs have pinholes so people can adjust the height from 6” to 10”
Weight Capacity: 700 pounds total, including the mattress. For reference: Queen size Bear mattress is 70 pounds
Featured Material: Steel
Compatible Mattresses: Nearly all foam mattresses will work (as will some innerspring) but people should be sure to check that their mattress works with an adjustable bed. There is no set maximum thickness; for reference, a Queen-size Bear mattress is 10” thick.
Secure Corners: Clear plastic retainers in each corner help to keep the mattress properly in place as the base adjusts.
Warranty: They offer a 1-3-25 warranty – here is how it breaks down:
- 1st year in-home service
- 2nd-3rd-year parts and labor
- 4th-25th year structural
Price: $1,640 (Queen)
- Head and foot movement to find the perfect position for the adjustable bed
- Independent head incline: 0 – 55°; foot incline 0 – 45°
- USB ports on side for all gadget plugs
- Adjustable legs to customize height from the ground (6” to 10”)
- Three programmable custom positions plus Zero Gravity option
- Headboard brackets included with base (one bracket included with Twin and Twin XL sizes)
- White Glove delivery (does not include attaching the headboard to the Bear Adjustable Base)
- Final sale and non-refundable
Who Might Like The Bear Adjustable Base
- People who aren’t into DIY. The adjustable bed comes with White Glove Delivery service, which means people will come into the home and set up the bed in the room that people like it. They’ll also take away the packaging but won’t take away an old mattress or bed frame. *People will need to assemble the headboard brackets themselves.
- People who like extra features. In addition to being adjustable, the bed comes with nice features like massage options, USB ports to charge a smartphone or device, adjustable legs so people can change up the height and the remote features three programmable positions.
- People who value quiet. While the bed is motorized so people can raise and lower the head/foot of the bed, it is actually very quiet. The massage (which feels like a vibration more than anything) is also very quiet underneath the mattress.
Who Might Not Like The Bear Adjustable Base?
- People who want to try the bed before they buy it. The Bear Adjustable Base is only available online and it is a final sale – which means people can’t return it for a refund unless there is an issue that’s covered under the warranty.
- People who are on a budget. At $1,640 for a Queen, this is not the most expensive adjustable bed on the market but it’s certainly not the cheapest. Those who are looking for a more straightforward bed with no extra features may be able to find one for less.
RELATED: Lucid L300 Adjustable Bed Review
The Bear Adjustable Base could be a really great option for those who like their Bear mattress and want to enhance their experience with the ability to raise/lower the head and foot of their bed.
The adjustable bed is sturdy, durable, and is super easy to set up (because someone else is going to set it up). It worked very well with my 10″ bear mattress but will work with any foam mattress or one that is compatible with an adjustable bed. I would recommend something in the 10″-12″ thickness range.
Read the fine print in the user’s manual in order to take the best care of the bed and don’t leave the massage feature on all night!