Tempur-Pedic and Eve both sell memory foam mattresses, but they are very different companies. As Eve has grown in popularity, people wonder how their mattress compares to the various Tempur-Pedic mattresses. I’ll try to go over the main differences here to help you make a more informed decision.
- Both have memory foam mattresses
- Both are great for pressure relief
- Both are great at isolating motion (good option for couples)
- Both use high-quality materials
- Eve sells just one mattress; Tempur-Pedic has a line of mattresses with different feels and firmness levels (Contour Supreme being the firmest and Cloud Luxe being the softest)
- Eve sells its mattress for less than any of the Tempur-Pedic mattresses
- The top layer of the Eve is more responsive than the top layer of the majority of the Tempur-Pedic mattresses
- Eve is still a somewhat new company. Tempur-Pedic has been around for a very long time
Main Construction Difference
There are a lot of Tempur-Pedic models with different materials/construction. However, I think there’s one main difference to point out between the Eve and all the Tempur-Pedic mattresses. The top layer of the Eve mattress is comprised of what the company calls next generation memory foam. It still has the pressure-relieving qualities of memory foam but it is much more responsive than typical memory foam. This makes it easier to move around the mattress. You can see what that looks like in the video below.
The Tempur-Pedic line typically has slower-moving foam (except for perhaps the Flex models). You should decide which type of feel you prefer in order to make a more informed decision.
Pick Eve If:
- You Want Extra Value– Given that Eve cuts out the middleman in the process, it is able to sell its product for much less than any of the Tempur-Pedic models. You can therefore generally get extra value by going with the Eve.
- You Want Memory Foam But Don’t Want To Feel Like You Get Stuck– The next generation memory foam that Eve uses is much more resilient than typical memory foam. That means you can move around more easily and you won’t ever have the feeling of sinking in too much or getting stuck.
- You Want A Breathable Mattress Without Having To Pay Extra For The Cooling Features– The Breeze models from Tempur-Pedic do a good job at helping the mattress sleep cool, but in each case they cost an extra $1,000. The Eve mattress does a good job of keeping cool and you don’t have to pay extra for those cooling features.
- You Want A Medium Firm Mattress– The Eve mattress has a medium firmness to it that I think is soft enough for most side sleepers yet firm enough for most back/stomach sleepers. If you aren’t too heavy or lightweight and want a middle-of-the-road firmness, then the Eve will be a good match.
Pick Tempurpedic If:
- You Want Something Especially Soft Or Firm– If you know you want something more on the firm or soft side, then the options that Tempur-Pedic has could be a better fit.
- You Like Slower-Moving Memory Foam That Envelops You– Most of the Tempur-Pedic models have slower-moving memory foam than the Eve does. This is typically a matter of personal preference, so if you like that type of feel where you slowly sink into the mattress, then Tempurpedic might be the way to go.
- You Want To Choose From A More Established Company– Given how long Tempur-Pedic has been in business, you can benefit from reading hundreds of reviews of each of the models. You can hear from people who have had their mattress a long time as well. If this extra level of insight/trust is important to you, then Tempur-Pedic might be the way to go.
Notes On Price/Value
The business models of these two companies are very different. Tempur-Pedic sells into retail stores, who then sell to the end-consumer. Eve sells directly to the end-consumer. Because of this difference, Eve is able to sell its product for much less than Tempur-Pedic sells its line of mattresses. For this reason, you can get more value out of an Eve mattress generally.
While these two companies sell memory foam mattresses, the differences between them are pretty big. If you are on a budget, I think you would do well to get the Eve. However, if you know a specific firmness level that you want, then the options Tempur-Pedic provide may be a better fit for you. Either way, you will be purchasing from one of two great companies.
Joe Auer is the editor of Mattress Clarity. He mainly focuses on mattress reviews and oversees the content across the site.
He likes things simple and take a straightforward, objective approach to his reviews. Joe has personally tested nearly 250 mattresses and always recommends people do their research before buying a new bed. He has been testing mattresses for over 5 years now, so he knows a thing or two when it comes to mattress selection. He has been cited as an authority in the industry by a number of large publications.
Joe has an undergraduate degree from Wake Forest University and an MBA from Columbia University.
Latest posts by Joe Auer (see all)
- Brooklyn Bedding Propel Mattress Review – Great For Side Sleepers? - July 15, 2019
- How Do Different Animals Sleep? - July 13, 2019
- Recycling Mattresses, Appliances, and other Household Items - July 13, 2019