Casper is a company that truly took the mattress industry by storm. It has had incredible success since it launched over two years ago. Brooklyn Bedding is another online-only company with a strong reputation for quality.
Both companies offer a great value for their mattresses by cutting out the middle man and passing the savings along to the consumer. There are a few clear differences between the two mattresses, however.
In this article, I will go through what those differences are in attempt to make it a little more clear which one would be right for you if you are deciding between Brooklyn Bedding vs Casper.
- Similar business model (online-only)
- Both are all-foam mattresses
- Both ship free and arrive in a box
- Both companies have great reputations and customer service
- Return/Trial policies are both very good
- Casper is $100 more expensive (irrespective of discounts)
- Brooklyn Bedding has 3 firmness options; Casper has one
- Casper is latex over memory foam; Brooklyn Bedding is latex over latex
- Brooklyn Bedding is more bouncy
The Casper mattress consists of 1.5” of latex, over 1.5” of 4lb. density memory foam, over 1.5” of 2.5lb. density transition foam, over 5” of 1.8 lb. density polyfoam. Learn more in my Casper mattress review.
The Brooklyn Bedding #bestmattressever consists of 2” of talalay latex, over 2” of dunlop latex, over 6” of high-density polyfoam. Learn more in my Brooklyn Bedding mattress review.
The key difference in the construction is Casper has a memory foam layer, while Brooklyn Bedding has two latex layers. Durability-wise, both mattresses should be pretty durable. The general feel is where there is a fairly significant difference. See the Brooklyn Bedding feel below:
With Casper, you sink in a bit more and the feel isn’t as bouncy as the Brooklyn Bedding. The #bestmattressever really has that pure latex, bouncy feel. It still conforms well to your body, but it is very resilient and bouncy.
Which feel is better? That really comes down to personal preference. Analyze which type of feel you prefer and see which one better fits what you like.
Pick Brooklyn Bedding If:
- You Want A More Firm Or More Soft Mattress– Brooklyn Bedding does offer 3 firmness options. Casper offers one and is more for people with middle-of-the-road preferences. If you know you want a more firm or more soft mattress, then having the extra firmness options might be best for you.
- You Want More Bounce– The feel of the Brooklyn Bedding is as if you are sleeping “on” the mattress rather than “in” it. It is also bouncier than Casper. If you want that extra resilience/bounce, then Brooklyn Bedding would probably be better for you.
- You Want To Save A Little Extra Money– Not including discounts, the Brooklyn Bedding #bestmattressever is $100 less than the Casper. If budget is a big concern for you, then that’s definitely something to note.
Pick Casper If:
- You Have Average Sleeping Preferences/Stats– If you are middle of the range in your weight and don’t want a particularly firm or soft mattress, then you won’t need additional firmness options. The Casper will fit you just fine.
- You Want More Of A Sinking In Feel– Casper has a memory foam layer, so you feel a bit more like you are sinking into the mattress (not too much though). This is a more standard foam feel, and it definitely is less bouncy than Brooklyn Bedding is.
Though these two mattresses are different, I think the choice comes down to personal preference rather than quality (I recommend both). There are enough differences here that you should be able to make the right decision for you. Both are definitely great options that should have you sleeping well.
Joe Auer is the editor of Mattress Clarity. He mainly focuses on mattress reviews and oversees the content across the site.
He likes things simple and take a straightforward, objective approach to his reviews. Joe has personally tested nearly 250 mattresses and always recommends people do their research before buying a new bed. He has been testing mattresses for over 5 years now, so he knows a thing or two when it comes to mattress selection. He has been cited as an authority in the industry by a number of large publications.
Joe has an undergraduate degree from Wake Forest University and an MBA from Columbia University.
Latest posts by Joe Auer (see all)
- Tuft & Needle Vs Mint – Which Mattress Is Right For You? - September 4, 2019
- WinkBeds EcoCloud Mattress Review – Great For Hot Sleepers? - August 19, 2019
- WinkBeds MemoryLux Mattress Review – Made For Combination Sleepers? - August 5, 2019