The Tempur-Embrace (from Tempur-Pedic) and the Bear pillow (from Bear Mattress) are both solid foam options with removable covers that are easy to clean. The main things that make them stand apart from each other are their pillow shapes and the types and overall feel of their core fillings. Which one is right for you? Read on for my full comparison.
- Fillings are solid pieces of foam
- Covers are removable and washable/dryer-friendly
- Similar height profiles – 4.7″ (Tempur-Embrace) and 5″ (Bear)
- Could both work for back and side sleepers
- Standard/Queen: 23.6″ x 19.7″ x 4.7″ (Comes in one size)
- Cover: 99% Polyester, 1% Elastane
- Filling: 69% Shredded Polyurethane Foam, 31% Polyurethane Foam Pad
- Medium-Soft overall feel
- Designed to be compatible with all sleep positions
- Removable/washable cover
- Unique design (an X-shape with rounded corners), features indentations in the sides to facilitate comfortable breathing and a better sleep climate
- 5-year limited warranty
- Return Policy: No returns allowed
- Care instructions: Machine wash in warm water and line dry (or dry clean)
- Price (one size): $99
- Queen size:27″ x 15″ x 5″
- Cover: Double Ice Fabric: a special fabric that feels cool to the touch; made up of 40% “cool yarn” and 60% polyester
- Core filling is made with Loft-X Foam: a hybrid foam that combines memory foam and latex foam to contour to your spine and neck (100% polyurethane)
- Dual mesh side panels for continuous airflow throughout your sleep
- 2-year warranty and 100 night trial (from the time you receive the pillow)
- King and Queen sizes available
- Price: $95 (Queen)
You Might Choose…
- You sleep in multiple positions. The shape, firmness, and loft of the Tempur-Embrace make it a decent fit for all sleep positions. The ventilated cover is intended to help stomach sleepers be comfortable but I was also (personally) comfortable on my side and back as well thanks to its unique shape.
- You like sinking into the pillow. The pillow is a cool mix of a foam pad and pieces of shredded foam. You do get a good amount of support but you will still feel your head sink into the pillow and it’ll still be a little slow to respond.
- You like the feel of latex. The Bear pillow is filled with a solid piece of ventilated Loft-X foam, which is a hybrid of memory foam and latex foam. You won’t get the same slow response as memory foam. Instead, it will have a bouncier (and lighter) overall feel.
- You are a hot sleeper. The pillow’s foam core is ventilated and it’s made with special Double Ice fabric (polyester and “cool yarn”) that makes the pillow feel cool to the touch. The mesh panels on either end help promote airflow as well. This pillow is truly designed to help you sleep cool.
- You’ve got a decent budget. The Tempur-Embrace pillow comes in one size and retails for $99 while the Queen size Bear pillow is $95. Both pillows offer a lot of value but are not necessarily in everyone’s budget.
These pillows may not look much alike, but they both have great foam fillings and removable covers that are both breathable and easy to care for. With similar lofts, they can each work for back and side sleepers but stomach sleepers are going to want to choose the Tempur-Embrace which is has a slightly softer feel.
These pillows both come in right under $100 but only the Bear has a 100-night trial period (there are no returns available on the Tempur-Embrace).
Latest posts by Katie Golde (see all)
- How To Hang Your Blackout Curtains – Just A Few Simple Steps! - September 9, 2019
- ‘LectroFan Classic White Noise Machine Review – Is It Pitch Perfect? - September 5, 2019
- How Alcohol Impacts Sleep – What You Should Know - September 4, 2019