Both of these foam pillows come from online mattress retailers, GhostBed and Leesa. They feature removable covers that can be laundered but overall there feels are different because of their cores. Which one could be right for you? Read on for our full comparison.
- Solid pieces of molded and ventilated foam
- Products of mattress companies
- 100+ night trial periods
- Removable covers can be laundered
- Good fit for side sleepers
- 16” x 24” x 5.5” – Queen size (only size)
- Weight: 2.86 lbs
- Filling: solid ventilated piece of gel memory foam
- Performance Cooling Side: Proprietary layer of phase change material
- Exterior Cover Performance Side: High-performance moisture wicking
- Exterior Cover Reverse Side: 97% premium polyester, 3% spandex
- Inner Cover: 100% soft cotton scrim
- Brief scent of lavender that should dissipate after a few days
- 101 night-trial
- 5-year warranty
- Made in China
- Standard size: 18” x 26” x 5”
- Filling: solid piece of 100% Avena foam (ventilated)
- Cover: 70% Polyester, 17% Viscose, 13% Nylon
- Comes in King and Standard size
- Designed for all styles of sleeper and all body types
- Price: $75 for Standard size, $95 for King size
- Included in Leesa’s One-Ten Program, one pillow will be donated for every ten sold
- 100-night trial
- Made in the USA
You Might Choose…
- You find the scent of lavender soothing. After the GhostPillow has initially off-gassed (you may notice a chemical-like smell) you will most likely catch the scent of lavender. Lavender has soothing properties and is often used for things like pillow sprays to help calm your senses.
- You prefer the feel of memory foam over latex foam. The core of the GhostPillow is memory foam, and the pillow feels like it. You will have more of that “sinking in” feeling when you lay your head down than you would with the Leesa pillow (which is made with bouncier Avena foam).
- You sleep hot. The removable cover of the GhostPillow is performance fabric that has phase change material built in. This type of technology helps pull heat away from you while you sleep.
- You like a charitable aspect to shopping. The pillow is part of Leesa’s One-Ten Program, which means one pillow will be donated for every ten pillows sold.
- You want size options. The Leesa pillow comes in Standard and King sizes, while the GhostPillow only comes in one size (Queen).
- You want to spend the least amount possible. The Standard size Leesa pillow retails for $75 (a King is $95) and the GhostPillow (one-size only) is $85 on the GhostBed website.
- You are a side sleeper. The GhostPillow is 5.5″ in height and the Leesa pillow is 5″ in height. Since they’re both solid pieces of foam, each offers a good amount of firmness and support. While everyone’s weight and height vary, these should both be good options for most side sleepers.
The main difference between these two pillows is the type of foam used in their cores and the fabric in their outer covers.
Traditional memory-foam lovers – especially those who sleep hot and like the smell of lavender – will enjoy the GhostPillow from GhostBed.
Leesa’s Avena foam is a latex-like foam that is lightweight and has a bouncier and more responsive feel than memory foam. Its knit cover is super soft as well.
If these pillows seem like they could be a good choice for you, you’ve got at least 100 nights to try either one out.
Latest posts by Katie Golde (see all)
- Home Essentials Company Floyd Unveils Its First Mattress - November 15, 2019
- Pillow Reviews: Casper Vs. MyPillow – How Do They Stack Up? - November 14, 2019
- Vicks Filter Free Cool Mist Humidifier Review - November 13, 2019