The Beyond Down Gel Fiber pillow for side sleepers has a wide 4.5″ gusset and overstuffed nature that provides plenty of support. The Leesa pillow is filled with a solid piece of Avena foam, that won’t change shape or fall flat. It may seem like these pillows don’t have much in common (their covers are entirely different as well) there is one thing they share in common. Read on for my full comparison.
- Portions of each can be laundered
- Could be a good fit for side sleepers
- Come in multiple sizes
Beyond Down Gel Fiber Side Sleeper:
- Comes in Standard, Queen and King sizes
- King measures 20″ x 36″ x 4.5″
- Filling: gel fiber that mimics goose down (100% polyester fiber)
- 300 thread count, 100% cotton cover
- 4.5″ gusset, with double needle corded edges
- Designed for side sleepers
- Cover is made in China and the filling is made in the USA
- Price (varies): $42 for a King, Queen $32, and Standard $19.
- Care: machine wash and dryer friendly
- Standard size: 18” x 26” x 5”
- Filling: solid piece of 100% Avena foam (ventilated)
- Cover: 70% Polyester, 17% Viscose, 13% Nylon
- Comes in King and Standard size
- Designed for all styles of sleeper and all body types
- Price: $75 for Standard size, $95 for King size
- Made in the USA
- Included in Leesa’s One-Ten Program, one pillow will be donated for every ten sold
You Might Choose…
Beyond Down Gel Fiber If…
- You prefer the feel of down (or down alternative) filling. If you know what you love, and what you love is the soft feeling of a down or polyester gel fiber pillow, the Beyond Down could be the one for you. It’s a little overstuffed so it can support side without going flat overnight.
- You’re looking for the least expensive option. You can purchase this pillow at a variety of retailers, so prices tend to vary but in general, you’re looking at under $50 for each pillow (even King). The Standard size Leesa pillow retails for $75.
- You prefer the feel of latex foam. The Avena foam inside the Leesa pillow has similar characteristics to a traditional latex foam pillow. It’s got a quick response and is on the bouncier side (especially compared to down alternative). It also won’t fall flat or change shape overnight.
- You are feeling charitable: The pillow is part of Leesa’s One-Ten Program, which means one pillow will be donated for every ten pillows sold.
- You are a side sleeper. Despite their different core fillings, I think both of these pillows have the ability to work for side sleepers. The Beyond Down pillow is designed for side sleepers, with its huge gusset and overstuffed nature to keep you supported. The Avena foam in the Leesa pillow provides enough firmness and ensures that the pillow won’t go flat.
- You have allergies. The good news is that both of these pillows are hypoallergenic.
Side sleepers will surely find comfort with either pillow, the rest will come down to personal preferences. Down/Down alternative lovers who want to toss the whole pillow into the washer should consider the Beyond Down while latex foam lovers should consider the Leesa.
Depending on where you purchase the Beyond Down pillow, you may be able to return it if it’s not for you. The Leesa pillow comes with a 100-night trial period.
Latest posts by Katie Golde (see all)
- How To Hang Your Blackout Curtains – Just A Few Simple Steps! - September 9, 2019
- ‘LectroFan Classic White Noise Machine Review – Is It Pitch Perfect? - September 5, 2019
- How Alcohol Impacts Sleep – What You Should Know - September 4, 2019