Popular online mattress retailer Purple launched a Kickstarter campaign yesterday to help their furriest clientele get the best sleep possible with their new Purple® Pet Bed. In a campaign update later in the day, the brand said it reached its goal of $25,000. An earlier update said it raised $10,000 for the bed in under an hour.
According to a release from the company, the Purple® Pet Bed will use the brand’s patented Hyper-Elastic Polymer® technology with other durable materials for supportive, long-lasting and accident-proof comfort.
“Everyone in the family deserves a relaxing place to sleep. Pampered pets of all varieties and sizes will appreciate the support and comfort of their very own Purple bed,” said Director of Innovation at Purple, Russ Whatcott, in the release. “The Purple® Pet Bed is comfortable, ruggedly durable, easy to clean and is the last pet bed you will ever have to buy for your furry friend.”
Purple says the pet bed will include these design features:
- Smart Comfort Grid™ technology – like the kind found in the Purple mattress (for humans) – will help provide support as well as pressure relief.
- The bed is engineered using “advanced antimicrobial materials” and two layers of spill-resistant protection to keep odors and bacteria away from the bed. It also includes a washable cover.
- The Purple® Pet Bed materials and engineering make it durable enough to stand up against years of pet wear and tear.
According to Kickstarter campaign information, the bed is available in three sizes:
- Small ($149): 19″ x 26″ x 5″
Recommended Pet Weight: 1-30 lbs
- Medium ($189): 29″ x 38″ x 5″ – $189
Recommended Pet Weight: 31-70 lbs
- Large ($269): 38″ x 50″ x 5″ – $269
Recommended Pet Weight: 71+ lbs
Related: most comfortable mattress
Those familiar with Purple may remember that the brand launched its mattress, The Purple® Bed, via Kickstarter in 2015. Their last campaign in September 2016 raised more than $2.6 million in 30 days for their Purple® Pillow, breaking a Kickstarter record, according to the release.
As of the following day, March 14, the campaign had raised more than $66,000 for the new pet bed with over 370 backers. Estimated pet bed delivery is August 2018.
All images from the Purple® Pet Bed Kickstarter campaign page.
Latest posts by Katie Golde (see all)
- How Genetics Impact Our Sleep - March 23, 2020
- Amerisleep Comfort Classic Pillow Review – The Perfect Foam Pillow? - March 20, 2020
- Best Cotton Sheets – Tried and Tested! - March 3, 2020