Here at Mattress Clarity, we spend a lot of time thinking and writing about the best beds for people. But a new line of pet beds, launched by BEDGEAR, has us thinking about the quality of Fido’s sleep.
BEDGEAR is a lifestyle brand and producer of recovery-centered mattresses, bedding, and accessories. Now, the compapny has turned its attention to our furry friends.
In a release, the company announced it is offering Performance Pet Beds designed to help your pet recover after a long day of chasing balls or mice. BEDGEAR says the Performance Pet Bed uses their patented Air-X® and Dri-Tec® technologies, which are designed to keep pets cool and comfortable.
Eugene Alletto, founder and CEO of BEDGEAR, said, “As a dog owner myself, I saw there was a lack of sleep gear built for a pet’s performance. At BEDGEAR, we believe your pet deserves the same rest and recovery that you and your family enjoy each night so that they can jump higher, run faster and fetch longer.”
BedGear says the Performance Pet Bed is laboratory tested and CFM (cubic feet per minute) certified. The bed will incorporate the following features:
- A two-piece design that includes a removable and machine-washable cover with a non-skid bottom
- A React® blend cushion that combines “specialty foam and silk-feel fibers” to relieve pressure on pets’ joints and hips
- A hexagonal weave pattern on the cushion meant to help dissipate heat
- “Air-X® ventilated bolster panels” to promote airflow throughout the cushion
- Dri-Tec®, which is designed to wick moisture away from pets as they sleep
The bed also comes in three sizes based on a pet’s weight:
- Small (for pets 1 to 25 lb): 18″ x 24″ x 8.5″; $149
- Medium (for pets 26 to 40 lb): 23″ x 36″ x 10″; $199
- Large (for pets 41 to 70 lb): 30″ x 48″ x 10″; $249
Vera Wilkinson, certified dog behavior consultant and founder of The Cooperative Dog, explains why the new pet beds may also be good for pet owners. “Dog owners sleep better too because BEDGEAR Pet Performance Beds patented fabric technology helps with temperature regulation so dogs rest through the night without overheating and they don’t wake their owners by moving to a cooler spot on the floor,” she says.
That being said, there isn’t much pet-specific research to confirm whether or not this bed can live up to its claims. But if you have some extra cash sitting around and you’re concerned about your pet’s sleep, giving it a try shouldn’t hurt. BEDGEAR says you can purchase the Performance Pet Bed on the brand’s website or at their pop-up store in Boston. Shoppers who buy a pet bed at their Boston store during the week of June 4-10 will also receive a free collapsible pet bowl.
Related: best mattress for back pain
Featured image courtesy of BEDGEAR
Latest posts by Marten Carlson (see all)
- Brooklinen Classic Duvet Cover Review – Great For Hot Sleepers? - February 22, 2019
- Proper Sleep Could Strengthen Our Immune System, Study Says - February 20, 2019
- Parachute Sateen Duvet Cover Review – True Luxury? - February 19, 2019