Cariloha is a well-known company that makes a wide range of bamboo products, including bedding options like bed sheets. They offer two different sets of sheets, the Classic and the Resort. Both sets can be machine washed and dried and come in a variety of colors, but I’ve highlighted the details that separate them so you can decide which set is best for you.
- Made from 100% Viscose from Bamboo
- Sets come with 1 fitted sheet, 1 flat sheet and 2 pillow covers
- Fit mattresses up to 18-inches thick
- Thermal Regulating
- Care instructions: wash cold with gentle low tumble dry; iron if necessary
- 90-Day Satisfaction Guarantee
- Classic is made with a Twill Weave
- Classic comes in sizes Twin to Split King (see our article on mattress sizes)
- Classic set retails for $139-$179 (for Queen bed – depending on color)
- Classic has five color options
- Resort is made with a Sateen Weave (this weave is longer and more of the bamboo fiber is felt in each thread, which makes the fabric softer than the Twill Weave on the Classic set)
- Resort comes in Queen and King size only
- Resort has advanced box stitching at the seams for enhanced durability
- Resort set retails for $239 (for Queen bed)
- Resort has seven color options
Pros and Cons of each sheet set
This video highlights the key pros and cons of each set.
You Might Choose…
- Resort if you want to splurge on super soft sheets that have advanced stitching for extra durability.
- Resort if you want a silkier feeling to your sheets.
- Classic if you still want soft sheets but at a more moderate and affordable price.
The sheets are both incredibly soft and available in a variety of colors. Their care instructions are the same and both wrinkle fairly easily if not placed onto the bed immediately after drying.
The Resort sheet set is softer thanks to the sateen weave of the fabric. While both sets of sheets feel lighter in comparison to their cotton counterparts, the Resort set is slightly lighter.
If details matter to you, you prefer sateen finishes and the durability that comes with box-stitched seams (and you can handle a $239+ price tag), then the Resort Bamboo Sheet Set is right for you.
Those who are on a budget but still want the comforts of amazingly soft sheets should consider the Classic Sheet Set which is still pricey, but more affordable than the Resort set.