EDITOR’S NOTE: Hey, friend! You made it all this way and narrowed your options down to these two mattresses. Unfortunately, both the Tempur-Cloud Prima and Tempur-Cloud Supreme mattresses are no longer available. But, keep calm! You can rest assured that the Tempur-Cloud Original would be a great option for you.
Still want to know which mattress would have been best for you? Read on below to see what we had to say about them!
Tempur-Cloud Prima vs. Supreme Mattress Overview
The Tempur-Pedic Cloud collection has some of the company’s most popular mattresses. The Cloud Supreme and Cloud Prima are very popular, and for good reason. Upon first glance, they appear to be very similar.
In this Tempur-Cloud Prima vs Supreme comparison, I’ll take a deep dive and try to highlight the main differences and try to help you if you are deciding between the two.
- Both use the TEMPUR-ES material in the comfort layer
- Both have a true memory foam feel
- Both are great for pressure relief
- The Cloud Supreme is slightly softer than the Prima
- The Cloud Supreme is 1.5 inches thicker overall
- The Cloud Supreme has thicker comfort material
- The Cloud Prima is $800 cheaper than the Cloud Supreme
What I found from Several Live Chat Sessions
For these types of comparisons, I try to reach out to the company via live chat to get their thoughts. I also did the same with Mattress Firm.
The only concrete differences I could get from these live chat sessions is that the Supreme is softer, thicker, and more expensive. I couldn’t get any more detailed information than that.
Which Should You Pick?
- Pick the Supreme if you sleep on your side. As the Supreme is softer, it is potentially better suited for most side sleepers, with the exception of heavy people, who may think the Prima is the right level of softness.
- Pick the Prima if you just sleep on your back/stomach. The Prima might be the way to go, as it is firmer. Very lightweight people may be the exception, thinking the Supreme is firm enough.
- Heavier people may want to go for the Prima, as it is firmer. Lighter people may want to go for the Supreme, as it is softer.
- Pick the Prima if you have budget concerns.
My Personal Opinion
These mattresses are very similar and the differences are subtle in my opinion. If you really are having a tough time deciding, I would recommend just going with the Cloud Prima.
It’s very similar yet costs $800 less. I don’t think you can go wrong either way.