The Serta Perfect Sleep line includes innerspring, memory foam, and hybrid mattresses. The Luxury Hybrid Glenmoor Super Pillow Top mattress falls in the last category. It includes two types of memory foam as well as individually wrapped coils.
Based on Serta’s firmness scale, this mattress is a little softer than average and is designed to offer a mix of support and comfort. Mattresses with average firmness are often best for back sleepers and some side sleepers.
Will you find plush comfort on this mattress? Read on for our full review of the Luxury Hybrid Glenmoor Super Pillow Top mattress.
You Will Like This Mattress If …
- You are a back sleeper. This mattress is near the middle of Serta’s firmness scale. Medium-firm mattresses are usually a good fit for people who sleep on their backs. This mattress should offer nice overall support for people who sleep mostly in this position.
- You are a side sleeper who prefers their mattress a little firmer. While softer mattresses are often a better fit for side sleepers, this mattress is on the softer side of average. It could give decent pressure relief for shoulders and hips.
- You like the feeling of a pillow-top mattress. The pillow-top is an extra layer of padding on the surface that gives the mattress a soft, luxurious feeling. This extra layer can also help with pressure relief.
- You are a hot sleeper. The top foam layer is designed to dissipate heat and keep you cool. Additionally, the coils allow for airflow. Taken together, these features mean you shouldn’t sleep hot on this mattress.
You May Not Like This Mattress If …
- You are a stomach sleeper. This mattress is a bit softer than average, meaning it may not give the needed support for stomach sleepers. People who sleep in this position often need a firmer mattress to ensure their spine stays neutrally aligned.
- You are a side sleeper who prefers a softer mattress. This medium-firm mattress may be too firm for some side sleepers. It may not give the pressure relief that some side sleepers are looking for. Also, if you prefer a very soft mattress and the feeling of sinking into a mattress, this may not be the best fit.
- You are looking for a budget-friendly option. This mattress starts at $1,014 for the Queen size on Serta.com. Serta has more inexpensive options as well.
Construction And Materials
The Serta Perfect Sleeper Luxury Hybrid Glenmoor Super Pillow Top is approximately 14” high and contains:
- FireBlocker® Fiber
- Cool Twist® Gel Memory Foam
- Serta Comfort XD™ Foam
- 886 Custom Support® Firm Individually Wrapped Coil System
Firmness And Feel
This mattress is a little softer than average on Serta’s firmness scale. Medium-firm mattresses are usually best for back sleepers and some side sleepers. Because it leans toward the softer side of the scale, this mattress could be comfortable for more side sleepers compared to other mattresses with average firmness.
Most Common Praise: What Makes This Mattress Stand Out?
- Buyers are happy with the temperature control technology in the Cool Twist® Gel Memory Foam. “The cooling gel memory foam pillow top has helped… No more waking up hot and sticky,” one review says. “Just enough cooling to regulate temperature without being too cool.”
- Apparently, the mattress has good motion transfer control. “I don’t feel my husband move or get out of bed in the middle of the night, which is so nice because I’m not woken up as much anymore,” one person wrote.
- Many buyers say this mattress provides just the right level of support, helping ease back and joint pain.
Most Common Complaints And Other Things To Note
- It may take a little while for the mattress to “break in,” meaning it may seem too firm at first. One reviewer wrote, “At first I thought the bed might be too firm, but after sleeping on the mattress for a couple weeks I find it is just right.”
- The mattress is quite tall, meaning you may need special deep-pocket sheets. This can also be an issue for anyone with mobility issues. “It does sit much higher than our previous mattress so I literally have to climb into bed,” one reviewer wrote.
- Some buyers report the mattress can start to sink or sag after just a few weeks of use. One reviewer wrote, “The weight of the person is important. I am 270lbs, my wife is 125lbs. She is just fine. My side is sinking after 4 weeks.”
Why Pick This Over Other Serta Models?
This is a hybrid mattress, while other Serta models may be pure memory foam or exclusively innerspring coil with no memory foam. Hybrid mattresses offer the contouring and support of an innerspring mattress as well as the comfort and pressure relief of a memory foam mattress.
This model is a pillow-top. Other Serta models will not have the pillow-top on the surface of the mattress.
This mattress has a medium firmness. Serta offers much firmer models as well as much softer models.
The Serta Perfect Sleeper Luxury Hybrid Glenmoor Super Pillow Top is approximately 14” high and contains FireBlocker® Fiber, Cool Twist® Gel Memory Foam, Serta Comfort XD™ Foam, and 886 Custom Support® Firm Individually Wrapped Coil System.
This mattress is a bit softer than average and could be a good fit for back sleepers or side sleepers who prefer a firmer mattress. The mattress is also designed to dissipate heat and promote airflow, so you shouldn’t be sleeping hot.
All images from Serta
Latest posts by Marten Carlson (see all)
- Allswell Supreme Mattress Review – A Value Luxury Mattress? - September 9, 2019
- Best Mattress Toppers For College – Which Is The Best Fit For Your Dorm Room? - September 6, 2019
- ViscoSoft 3″ Memory Foam Mattress Topper Review – Amazing Pressure Relief? - September 3, 2019