Serta’s Perfect Sleeper collection of mattresses basically has something for everyone. The models come in innerspring, memory foam, or hybrid, and the Perfect Sleeper Express collection comes straight to the door in a box.
All models are designed to combat five sleep issues, tossing and turning, lack of support, sleeping too hot or too cold, partner disturbance, and mattress roll-off and sagging.
There are three Perfect Sleeper Express models. The 12″ option features two layers of cooling and supportive gel memory foam that place it on the firmer side overall.
This review will go over the construction of the mattress and the main takeaways consumers should know about before making a purchasing decision.
Who Will Like This Mattress…
- People who are looking for a pure memory foam mattress. This mattress contains two layers that are both made with foam: Serta® Premium Gel Memory Foam and Serta® Gel Infused Support Foam.
- Those who are looking for a mattress that can be delivered in a box, rather than through a special mattress delivery. The Perfect Sleeper Express models are delivered in a box and “spring” into shape after they are unboxed. This takes the hassle out of needing to go to the store to pick out a person’s mattress and deal with salespeople (which some customers prefer to avoid).
- Those who are looking for a relatively budget-friendly mattress. The Perfect Sleeper Express 12″ model starts at $899 for a Queen sized mattress.
Who May Not Like This Mattress…
- People who prefer a bouncy or springy mattress. This mattress is pure memory foam, so it will not feel bouncy compared to a traditional innerspring mattress. (That being said, the foam is pretty responsive.)
- Side sleepers. This mattress is on the firm side, which makes it the best fit for back and stomach sleepers. Side sleepers tend to need a softer bed to help with the pressure on their shoulders, hips, and knees. People might consider the Serta Perfect Sleeper Express 14-inch for a slightly softer option.
- People who want to unbox or lift the mattress themselves. The mattress comes in a regular box and may be heavy to unpack and move without assistance.
The Perfect Sleeper Express 12-inch model is approximately 12” high and contains the following materials and layers:
- Serta® Premium Gel Memory Foam
- Serta® Gel Infused Support Foam
This mattress is toward the firmer end of Serta’s mattress firmness scale, as noted below.
Most Common Pieces Of Praise: What Makes This Mattress Stand Out?
- Buyers say the mattress has great edge support, so they feel secure lying close to the edge of the bed. “Most soft foam mattresses are lacking in edge support, making people feel like they’re going to roll right off the bed,” one reviewer wrote. “Not this one! I tend to sleep close to the edge, and I never felt as if I was going to be ejected.“
- People appreciate how easy it is to set up this mattress. It arrives rolled up in a box, and you simply open the box and let the mattress air out for a while. “ Very easy to open and set up,” one buyer wrote.
- According to one reviewer, the mattress’s foam springs back into its original shape very quickly after you have compressed it. They wrote, “The reaction time of this mattress is amazing as well; the foam pops right back into place when you roll over, so you don’t ever feel like you’re stuck!”
Most Common Complaints And Other Things To Note
- The mattress is quite heavy compared to many other mattress options on the market. “My only complaint is that it is a relatively heavy mattress to move or lift but I don’t mind if its weight contributes to its firmness,” one reviewer wrote.
- Some people found the mattress a little too firm to start with, but they say the model felt more comfortable over time. One reviewer wrote, “Myself and my husband slept on this mattress for a week. After the first night, we both woke with a little back pain, but not unexpected because we were not used to a foam bed (we have a cheap hybrid). Each night got progressively better!”
- This mattress is not cool enough for some people. One buyer wrote, “The one drawback is that the cover, while it says it’s cooling — didn’t cool enough for me.”
Why Pick This Over Other Serta Mattresses?
This mattress is pure memory foam rather than a hybrid or innerspring model. All Express models — including the 12-inch — come in a box, meaning it doesn’t require a special delivery.
This mattress costs $899 for a Queen size, which is less expensive than many other Serta models. Of the three models, it is not the firmest or the softest option, but it definitely leans more toward firm. This most likely makes it a nice fit for back sleepers who like a mattress that’s a little on the firm side.
Customers say it has good edge support, so couples who want an all-foam bed and are looking for an affordable option from Serta may enjoy it as well.
The Perfect Sleeper Express 12-inch model is approximately 12” high and contains Serta® Premium Gel Memory Foam and Serta® Gel Infused Support Foam. It is delivered in a box and costs $899 for a Queen size.
This is an affordable memory foam mattress option that can be delivered straight to the door so people can unpack it themselves. According to reviews, it is on the heavier side compared to other mattress options on the market. It’s also more firm than it is soft, which may make it the best match for back sleepers.
All images from Serta