The Serta Perfect Sleeper series of mattresses consists of a collection of innerspring, memory foam, and hybrid mattresses. It also promises to help relieve five common sleep problems, including sleeping hot and tossing and turning.
The Coralview Plush mattress is 12″ high and features an innerspring coil system along with layers of plush and cooling foam on top to enhance cushioning. Reviewers like this mattress for its pocketed coils, which help with motion isolation and provide good support.
Is this plush mattress what you’re looking for? Read on for our full overview of this Serta Perfect Sleeper mattress.
The Perfect Sleeper Coralview Plush model is approximately 12” high and contains:
- FireBlocker® Fiber
- PillowSoft Aire™
- 1″ Serta® PillowSoft™ Foam
- ½” Cool Twist® Gel Foam
- 739 Custom Support® Innerspring with Best Edge® Foam Encasement
You Might Like This Mattress If …
- You are worried about overheating in your sleep. This mattress contains Serta’s Cool Twist® Gel Foam, which is a “breathable, liquid-gel infused memory foam [that] gently conforms to the body for enhanced cushioning and to help reduce pressure points that cause tossing and turning.”
- You’re a side sleeper. Side sleepers tend to prefer and benefit from softer mattresses that have contouring or pressure-relieving materials to ensure the comfort of the shoulders, knees, and hips. The pressure-relieving memory foam in the top layers of this mattress might make this a good fit for side sleepers who otherwise prefer an innerspring bed.
- You like a mattress to feel slightly bouncy or springy, rather than solid. The Coralview Plush contains 739 Custom Support® Innerspring with Best Edge® Foam Encasement. It will have that bouncier feel compared to a solid memory foam mattress or even a hybrid model.
You Might Not Like This Mattress If …
- You don’t want any memory foam at all. Although this is an innerspring mattress, it does include 1 1/2″ inches of foam in the upholstery. This gives the mattress a softer and more contouring feel that’s characteristic of memory foam.
- You want a firm mattress. This mattress is far toward the soft end of Serta’s firmness scale. The innerspring coil system will stop it from being overly soft, but compared to other options, this is not a firm mattress.
- You want to “sink in” to your mattress. The coil system really keeps this mattress supportive and a little on the bouncier side. There are some foam layers and plushness in the top of the mattress but not enough to sink in and get “stuck” like you would with an all-foam bed. If you prefer the feeling of all-foam, this may not be the ideal mattress for you.
Most Common Pieces Of Praise: What Makes This Mattress Stand Out?
- Many people enjoy the level of support this mattress provides. One buyer wrote, “The mattress provides good support underneath with a soft quilted feel which makes it very comfortable and provides me with a restful night’s sleep.”
- People are pleased with the cooling technology provided by the Cool Twist® Gel Foam. One review says, “Its cooling feature does not have me sweating on hot summer nights.”
- Buyers also like the individually wrapped coils. “I think the individually wrapped coils do make a difference,” a buyer wrote. “I had a pillow-top before and this one is much better.”
Most Common Complaints And Other Things To Note
- Some people struggled to get in and out of bed when the mattress was paired with a tall box spring. One buyer wrote, “At first they gave me the thick box spring and mattress… I had a hard time getting into the bed.”
- Reviewers have complained that the mattress starts sagging in the middle. One wrote, “After four years my back was hurting again and I noticed the bed was sagging a bit on my side so we flipped the mattress and now my back is better again. I was mildly surprised that the mattress did not last longer.”
- Some people say the mattress doesn’t always “spring back” quickly after you have slept on it. One person wrote, “If I stay in bed too long the body shape indent takes a long time to return to normal.”
Why Pick This Over Other Serta Mattresses?
The Coralview Plush is a hybrid mattress, which means it has both innersprings and foam. Other mattresses in this collection may solely have foam or springs.
This mattress has a pillow-top filled with 1″ of Serta® PillowSoft™ Foam and a ½” of Cool Twist® Gel Foam in the upholstery. This plus the quilting layer on the very top gives it a softer feel relative to many innerspring mattresses.
This could be a great option for side sleepers (individuals or couples) who are looking to stay under $1,000 for a Queen innerspring bed.
The Coralview Plush mattress is approximately 12” tall and contains FireBlocker® Fiber, Pillo-Fill®, PillowSoft Aire™, 1″ Serta® PillowSoft™ Foam, ½” Cool Twist® Gel Foam, and 739 Custom Support® Innerspring with Best Edge® Foam Encasement. It is on the soft end of Serta’s firmness scale.
This is an affordable innerspring bed that could be good for couples or hot sleepers who want a little bit of softness and cushioning but still want the support benefits of a coil system.
All images from Serta
Latest posts by Katie Golde (see all)
- Casper Down Pillow Review – Are You Down To Try It? - October 15, 2019
- Autism And Sleep - October 11, 2019
- How to Clean Mattress Stains – Get Common Stains Out! - October 11, 2019