The Serta Perfect Sleeper collection of beds promises to help relieve five common sleep problems, including sleeping hot and tossing and turning. You can find models in innerspring, foam, and a combination of both (hybrids).
One of the firmer innerspring models is the Coralview Firm mattress. It’s just under 12″ high and features an innerspring coil system as well as supportive, cooling foam in the quilt layer and the upholstery.
It’s not the plushest model in the collection, but could it be right for you? Read on for our full overview of this Serta Perfect Sleeper mattress.
The Coralview Firm mattress model is approximately 11.625″ high and contains:
- FireBlocker® Fiber
- Serta Support Foam
- 1” Serta Balanced Support Foam
- ½” Cool Twist® Gel Foam
- 739 Custom Support® Innerspring with Best Edge® Foam Encasement
You Might Like This Mattress If …
- You are a back sleeper. As noted above, this mattress is towards the firm end of Serta’s scale but still close to the middle. This is a sweet spot for back sleepers, who usually do well with mattresses that are around a 6.5 to 7 out of 10 on the firmness scale.
- You are a hot sleeper. The coil system inside this innerspring mattress will promote airflow. There’s also a 1/2″ layer of cooling gel memory foam that will further ensure you sleep cool.
- You want a mattress with firm edges, making it easy to get in and out of the bed. You will not roll off the bed with this mattress. It’s got a foam encasement around the coil system as well as firmer foam layers on top. Together, these factors should provide good edge support.
You Might Not Like This Mattress If …
- You want a truly firm mattress. Serta makes firmer options than this one (despite the model name). This is a great fit for back sleepers who need about average firmness, but stomach sleepers may want to consider a firmer model.
- You want a mattress with a pillow-top. The Coralview Firm does not come with a pillow-top. You won’t have that luxurious plush feel that you would with the sister mattress, the Coralview Plush.
Most Common Pieces Of Praise: What Makes This Mattress Stand Out?
- Many people enjoyed the feel of the mattress. “This bed gives you just the right amount of plush without compromising support which is so important,” one reviewer wrote.
- Buyers are pleased with the cooling technology. One wrote, “keeps me cool at night with the cool gel technology this mattress has.”
- The motion transfer is also hit. One person who shares the bed with their dogs reported, “I slept great… and couldn’t feel anyone move on the bed.”
Most Common Complaints And Other Things To Note
- According to a few buyers, the mattress initially felt too firm. But after a breaking-in period, the mattress became softer. “It was extremely firm the first night I slept on it, and I had to purchase a topper for some comfort,” one wrote. “But now I have [removed the] topper and it sleeps excellent.”
- Some buyers report feeling the indents in the mattress. One buyer wrote, “The indents in [the] mattress can be felt through sheets.” This could be uncomfortable for certain people.
- Some buyers found that the mattress became saggy over time. “The firmness was wonderful for the first 2 years. Since then the mattress has lost its support completely when you get on it,” one reviewer wrote. “The springs do not hold up when laying on them, but seem to look okay looking when no weight is on them.”
Why Pick This Over Other Serta Mattresses?
This mattress is a very specific firmness — firm but not too firm — that may suit certain buyers who prefer innerspring mattresses and sleep primarily on their backs.
This mattress starts at $839 for a Queen size, which is more affordable than some other Serta models.
The Coralview Firm model is approximately 11.625″ high and contains FireBlocker® Fiber, Pillo-Fill®, Serta Support Foam, 1” Serta Balanced Support Foam, ½” Cool Twist® Gel Foam, and 739 Custom Support® Innerspring with Best Edge® Foam Encasement. It is towards the firm side of Serta’s firmness scale but still fairly close to the middle.
Hot sleepers, couples who like beds with slightly more-than-average firmness, and back sleepers may like this more affordable mattress from Serta.
All images from Serta
Latest posts by Katie Golde (see all)
- Pillow Reviews: Casper vs. MyPillow – How Do They Stack Up? - November 14, 2019
- Vicks Filter Free Cool Mist Humidifier Review - November 13, 2019
- How To Make Hospital Corners – A Few Simple Steps! - November 7, 2019