Serta created the Perfect Sleeper line to combat common sleep problems such as lack of support and uncomfortable sleep temperature. The Castleview Firm mattress should indeed do well at keeping people cool and supported while they sleep. It is the firmest Perfect Sleeper mattress and incorporates gel foam for cooling and individually wrapped coils for support and additional airflow.
This review will go over the construction of the mattress and the main takeaways consumers should know about before making a decision to purchase the product.
Who Will Like This Mattress…
- Stomach sleepers. Firm mattresses are often a good fit for people who sleep on their stomachs. That’s because this position requires very good support. This mattress is the firmest in the Perfect Sleeper line and should give the proper support when people sleep on their stomach.
- Back sleepers who prefer a firmer mattress. Medium-firm mattresses are often best for back sleepers, but this firm mattress could still work for some back sleepers. The top foam layers should allow the hips to sink in just the right right amount while still giving proper support overall.
- People who sleep hot. The gel foam layer and Cool Balance® fabric are both designed to dissipate heat. In addition, the individually wrapped coils system allows for airflow. All these components should work together to ensure people won’t be sleeping hot.
- Those who are looking for an affordable hybrid mattress. This mattress is currently priced at $899 for a Queen. A hybrid mattress for under $1,000 is quite a value. It is similarly priced to the other firm options in the Perfect Sleeper line.
Who May Not Like This Mattress…
- Side sleepers. Softer mattresses are often better for side sleepers. They are designed to give pressure relief on hips and shoulders. This mattress is very firm, so it may be the most comfortable and pressure-relieving for those who sleep on their sides as opposed to their stomachs.
- People who back sleepers who prefers a less firm mattress. While this mattress could work for many back sleepers, it may be too firm for some. It should give good overall support, but if people prefer to sink a bit on their back, they may want to look for a softer mattress.
- Those who prefer the sinking feeling of classic memory foam. While this mattress does incorporate foam into its technology, it is not a very soft layer. People probably won’t experience that slow compression that comes with some memory foam mattresses.
This mattress is approximately 12.5” high and contains the following materials and layers:
- FireBlocker® Fiber
- Cool Twist® Gel Foam
- Cool Balance® fabric
- 739 Individually Wrapped Coil Technology with Total Edge® Foam Encasement
This mattress is at the firm end of Serta’s firmness scale. The Castleview Firm is the firmest mattress in the whole Perfect Sleeper line. Firm mattresses are often best for stomach sleepers and some back sleepers.
Most Common Pieces Of Praise: What Makes This Mattress Stand Out?
- People love how firm and supportive this mattress is overall. One person wrote, “It’s firm and it’s comfortable. I sleep better each night with no body ache.”
- Buyers also say the model is very quiet, which makes it more appropriate for sex and for couples who don’t want to be bothered by the other partner. “The bed doesn’t squeak or make noise when you are moving around on it,” one review says.
Most Common Complaints And Other Things To Note
- Some people say that they overheat at night. One reviewer wrote, “I…noticed that when I’m sleeping I’m always kind of warm when I’m used to being cold at night, I guess this has something to do with the temperature regulation.”
- Reviewers have expressed concern about the edge support on this mattress. “If people are lying on the mattress and are too close to the edge, they get the feeling they may roll off,” a buyer wrote. “If people are sleeping more toward the middle of the bed, then they get a good night sleep. But, if they share their bed, then, because of the feeling of rolling out of bed, they night of slumber is not as comfortable.”
- For some reviewers, it took a little while for the mattress to feel comfortable. “It was a little firm at first but after a week, I hate to get up in the morning,” a reviewer wrote.
Why Pick This Over Other Serta models?
This is an extremely firm model, much more so than the majority of the other models. It should give very solid support, especially if people are on their stomach. Serta also offers medium-firm and soft models.
The Castleview Firm is a hybrid mattress, meaning it mixes in premium foams with steel support coils. Serta also has all-foam mattresses and pure innerspring mattresses. Hybrid mattresses are designed to mix the support and contouring of coils with the pressure relief and comfort of foam.
This mattress is approximately 12.5” high and contains FireBlocker® Fiber, Cool Twist® Gel Foam, Cool Balance® fabric, and 739 Individually Wrapped Coil Technology with Total Edge® Foam Encasement.
This is the firmest mattress in the Perfect Sleep line and should be a good fit for hot sleepers, stomach sleepers, and back sleepers who prefer a firmer mattress. Side sleepers may prefer to look for a softer mattress.
All images from Serta
Latest posts by Marten Carlson (see all)
- DreamCloud vs. DreamCloud Premier Mattress Comparison - January 15, 2021
- DreamCloud Premier vs. WinkBed Mattress Comparison - January 14, 2021
- Best Presidents’ Day Mattress Sales In 2021 - January 14, 2021