Amerisleep is a popular company with a line of memory foam mattresses built for different types of sleepers. As the company grows in popularity, people naturally wonder which model in the line would be best for them.
The AS3 and AS4 mattresses are two of the most popular offerings from the company that are similar but also slightly different – I’ll try to highlight the main similarities and differences between the two mattresses in this mattress comparison to help people if they are making the decision of AS3 vs AS4.
Note: The AS3 was formerly known as Liberty and the AS4 was formerly known as Colonial.
Amerisleep is a perfect choice if you want a memory foam mattress but also want to sleep cool. You can get $250 off Amerisleep mattresses and 2 free pillows simply by clicking the link below and using code MC250.
- The mattresses come from the same company, so things like trial periods, return policies, and customer service quality will all be exactly the same.
- Both mattresses use bio-based memory foams that are open-celled and more environmentally friendly.
- Both are catered to side sleepers and combination sleepers who want great comfort and support.
- Both feature Celliant in the cover, which can potentially bring certain health benefits to sleepers.
For more information on all mattresses from Amerisleep, check out the Amerisleep mattress reviews page.
- The AS4 is slightly softer, which may make it more appropriate for side sleepers.
- The comfort layer of the AS4 is one inch thicker, which is ideal for side sleeping.
- The AS3 costs $300 less than the AS4 because it is thinner overall.
Who Should Pick The AS3:
- People who are on a tighter budget (I think given the price range the AS3 is a slightly better value)
- Those who are heavier and need a more supportive mattress
- People who don’t exclusively sleep on their side but prefer back sleeping
See the feel of the AS3 Bed in the video below.
Who Should Pick The AS4:
- People who are lighter in weight and don’t need as much support
- Those who sleep almost exclusively on their side
See the feel of the Amerisleep AS4 with the video below.
The AS4 is slightly softer, so that is something to note for someone’s decision. I think the AS4 is perhaps the memory foam mattress that sleeps the coolest for me of any that I have slept on, but I think the AS3 Bed is a slightly better value because it costs $300 less than the AS4. Either way, they are both great options and I don’t think people can really go wrong with either one.
Save with Amerisleep mattress coupons!
Joe Auer is the editor of Mattress Clarity. He mainly focuses on mattress reviews and oversees the content across the site.
He likes things simple and take a straightforward, objective approach to his reviews. Joe has personally tested nearly 250 mattresses and always recommends people do their research before buying a new bed. He has been testing mattresses for over 5 years now, so he knows a thing or two when it comes to mattress selection. He has been cited as an authority in the industry by a number of large publications.
Joe has an undergraduate degree from Wake Forest University and an MBA from Columbia University.
Latest posts by Joe Auer (see all)
- Vaya Mattress Review – Great For Kids? - April 2, 2020
- Best Mattresses For Hip Pain Relief - March 13, 2020
- Amerisleep AS3 Hybrid Mattress Review – A Great Balance Of Comfort And Support? - March 4, 2020