Amerisleep is a well-established mattress company that sells high-quality memory foam mattresses online. The company is getting more and more attention as time moves on, and as a result, people are starting to ask which model of their five mattress line is best for them.
The AS3 and AS2 are maybe the two most popular models that Amerisleep sells, so naturally a lot of people are asking what the differences are between them. We certainly have received a lot of emails on this exact question.I’ll try to highlight the main differences to help you if you are making the decision of AS2 vs AS3.
Note: The AS2 was formerly known as Revere and the AS3 was formerly known as Liberty
- Same company / customer service
- Same height (12”)
- Same cover
- The top layer is made up of the same material
- AS3 has a 1″ thicker comfort layer
- The AS2 is firmer than the AS3
- The AS2 costs $100 more than the AS3
Pick The AS2 (Revere) If:
- You are heavier
- You don’t really sleep on your side
- You generally like a slightly firmer mattress
See the feel of the AS2 here:
Learn more in my full Amerisleep AS2 Bed review.
Pick The Liberty If:
- You sleep mainly on your side
- You like a slightly softer mattress
- You don’t weigh very much
See the feel of the AS3 here:
Learn more in my full Amerisleep AS3 Bed review.
Amerisleep does a great job of making it very clear who their mattresses are right for. In this particular case, they made the AS3 to be a little softer than the AS2. Do some reflection and figure out your main sleeping preferences, and I think the decision should be pretty clear which mattress you should get. Also check out my AS3 vs AS4 for more on the Amerisleep line.
Read our full Amerisleep reviews for more information.
Joe Auer is the editor of Mattress Clarity. He mainly focuses on mattress reviews and oversees the content across the site.
He likes things simple and take a straightforward, objective approach to his reviews. Joe has personally tested nearly 250 mattresses and always recommends people do their research before buying a new bed. He has been testing mattresses for over 5 years now, so he knows a thing or two when it comes to mattress selection. He has been cited as an authority in the industry by a number of large publications.
Joe has an undergraduate degree from Wake Forest University and an MBA from Columbia University.
Latest posts by Joe Auer (see all)
- Bear Pro Vs Bear Mattress Comparison – Which Bear Wins Out? - October 17, 2019
- Bear Pro Mattress Review – Professionally Comfortable? - October 16, 2019
- Best Cheap Mattresses – Save Some Money! - October 7, 2019