Amerisleep is a well-established mattress company that sells high-quality memory foam mattresses online. The company is getting more and more attention as time moves on, and as a result, people are starting to ask which model of their five mattress line is best for them.
The AS3 and AS2 are maybe the two most popular models that Amerisleep sells, so naturally a lot of people are asking what the differences are between them. We certainly have received a lot of emails on this exact question.I’ll try to highlight the main differences to help you if you are making the decision of AS2 vs AS3.
Note: The AS2 was formerly known as Revere and the AS3 was formerly known as Liberty
- Same company / customer service
- Same height (12”)
- Same cover
- The top layer is made up of the same material
- AS3 has a 1″ thicker comfort layer
- The AS2 is firmer than the AS3
- The AS2 costs $100 more than the AS3
Pick The AS2 (Revere) If:
- You are heavier
- You don’t really sleep on your side
- You generally like a slightly firmer mattress
See the feel of the AS2 here:
Learn more in my full Amerisleep AS2 Bed review.
Pick The Liberty If:
- You sleep mainly on your side
- You like a slightly softer mattress
- You don’t weigh very much
See the feel of the AS3 here:
Learn more in my full Amerisleep AS3 Bed review.
Amerisleep does a great job of making it very clear who their mattresses are right for. In this particular case, they made the AS3 to be a little softer than the AS2. Do some reflection and figure out your main sleeping preferences, and I think the decision should be pretty clear which mattress you should get. Also check out my AS3 vs AS4 for more on the Amerisleep line.
Read our full Amerisleep reviews for more information.
Latest posts by Joe Auer (see all)
- Awara Mattress Review – A Supportive Latex Hybrid? - April 16, 2019
- GhostBed Vs Casper – Which Should You Choose? - March 26, 2019
- GhostBed Flex Mattress Review – A Cool Hybrid? - March 22, 2019