Although they contain different fillings and features, back, side and stomach sleepers can all sleep happily with both the TEMPUR-Symphony and Casper pillow. What makes them so versatile? Read on for my full review.
- Removable covers
- Components are machine washable and dryer friendly
- Warranties available
- Could work for back, side and stomach sleepers
- Design features a gently arched side for back sleepers, and a flatter side for stomach and side sleepers
- Meant to work well for sleepers with a medium to large frame.
- Medium-Soft Feel (softens up over time)
- One Size: 24” x 17” x 5”
- Cover: 100% Polyester (Made in Ukraine)
- Filling: 100% Molded ViscoElastic Polyurethane foam pad (made in the USA)
- Removable cover is machine washable and dryer friendly
- 5-year limited warranty
- Pillow in a pillow design
- Inner and Outer Cover Fabric: 100% Supima Cotton, Percale weave
- Outer Filling: Polyester fibers
- Inner Filling: Nearly one billion coated fibers
- Fill is sourced in South Korea and assembled in the USA
- Standard and King sizes available
- 10-year warranty and a 100-night trial
Who Might Choose
- Sleepers who prefer foam pillows. TEMPUR-Symphony is a solid piece of molded TEMPUR-material, which is essentially the brand’s proprietary memory foam. Overall the foam offers decent a decent response and significant support, plus it won’t change shape or go flat.
- Those who have a medium to a larger body frame. TEMPUR-Pedic – makers of the pillow – recommend the TEMPUR-Symphony for medium to larger framed people. Based on my experience, I think this is a reasonable and appropriate recommendation because the pillow is notably firm and 5” tall, so someone with a larger body frame will enjoy the support and loft.
- Sleepers who prefer the feel of down pillows. Both the inner and outer pillows are filled with polyester microfibers – a down alternative – and offer a feel that’s comparable to a down pillow. It also features a 2” gusset, which provides enhanced loft and additional filling while remaining “cozy”.
- Those who prefer to wash the whole pillow. In the case of spills or accidents, Casper is the easiest to care for. Simply separate the inner and outer pillow and throw them both in the washing machine and dryer.
- Combination sleepers. The TEMPUR-Symphony is dual-sided, one side is flat and designed for back sleepers and one slightly raised and is meant for stomach and side sleepers. The Casper pillow has a special pillow in a pillow design and those who don’t want a much filling can pull out the inner pillow and use it exclusively if they’d like.
The nice thing about both these pillows is that sleepers can flip and/or adjust them to be a great fit for any type of sleeping position.
TEMPUR-Pedic’s dual-sided TEMPUR-Symphony pillow is a firm and supportive sleeper’s dream, while Casper’s pillow is the coziest down alternative option for those who want a down pillow without the allergies.