It’s true, the TEMPUR-Cloud Breeze Dual Cooling pillow and Bear pillow do look similar upon first glance. They both feature a strong traditional shape and full form thanks to solid foam cores – their notable blue and white design on each cover keeps the consistencies visible and keeps sleepers cool. However, first impressions can be deceiving and a simple touch to either pillow will highlight the different components and innovative technology that make each pillow distinct. What should potential customers know before making a purchase? Watch my in-depth video below or keep reading for my full written review.
- Both come in Queen and King sizes
- Fillings are solid pieces of foam
- Covers are removable and washable/dryer-friendly
- Could both work for side sleepers
- Queen size: 27″ x 19″ x 6.4″
- Weight: 7 lbs
- Filling: 96% Molded Visco Elastic Polyurethane Foam Pad (molded memory foam) 4% Gel Pad
- TEMPUR-Breeze Gel Layer on both sides of the pillow
- Cover: 100% Cotton
- Netting: 100% Polyester
- Designed for back, stomach and side sleepers
- 5-year limited warranty
- No returns
Read the full TEMPUR-Cloud Breeze Dual Cooling pillow review.
- Queen size: 27″ x 15″ x 5″
- Weight: 4 lbs
- Cover: Double Ice Fabric; a special fabric that feels cool to the touch that’s made up of 40% “cool yarn” and 60% polyester
- A core filling made with Loft-X Foam; described as a hybrid foam that combines memory foam and latex foam to contour to your spine and neck (100% polyurethane)
- Dual mesh side panels for continuous airflow throughout your sleep
- 2-year warranty and 100 night trial (from the time you receive the pillow)
- Price: $95 (Queen)
Check out the complete Bear pillow review.
Who Might Choose…
- Larger body types. The TEMPUR-Cloud is a substantial pillow, and that may be an understatement. A Queen-size is a significant 19″ wide and 6.4″ tall, making it a better fit for people who have larger body frames and those who want a medium-firm level of support from a foam pillow.
- Those who prefer memory foam. The pillow filling is TEMPUR material, which is the brand’s proprietary memory foam and features cooling dual gel panels on each side. The sleeper’s head will sink deeply into this pillow and it will be slow to respond, just like memory foam.
- Latex takes precedence over memory foam. The Bear pillow consists of a solid piece of ventilated Loft-X foam, which is a hybrid or combination of memory foam and latex foam. In this case, sleepers won’t get the signature slow response that memory foam provides; instead, it will have a more resilient and lighter overall feel.
- Those who want a trial period. Potential customers are offered a 100-night trial period, leaving ample time to determine if it’s a good match. On the opposite end of the spectrum, TEMPUR-Pedic has a no return policy in place, so once it’s purchased it cannot be returned and runs a higher risk as a financial investment.
- Hot sleepers. Both pillows have heavily honest in on their own cooling features and market their pillows accordingly. TEMPUR-Cloud has dual TEMPUR-Breeze gel layers on both sides that remain cool-to-the-touch years into use and Bear’s cover is made with their Double Ice fabric, which consists of their proprietary “cool yarn”.
- Side sleepers. Higher lofts and solid medium-firm fillings are the key to pleasing side sleepers. Both these pillows deliver with their weighty feel and taller height profiles; bonus points because they don’t change shape or fall flat overnight, either.
RELATED: Best Pillows for Side Sleepers
Side sleepers who frequently wake up hot or uncomfortable will find relief with either pillow. This is largely due to their innovative design features, dual gel panels and hybrid foam cores, and cooling technologies incorporated into each pillow. Back and side sleepers should look towards the Bear, while individuals with larger body frames who like the extra support may want to go towards the 7-lb TEMPUR-Cloud.
I want to reiterate here that we cover a lot of similarities but the pillows feel considerably different very because of the contrasting foams incorporated into the cores. LOFT-X foam is resilient, lightweight and has a quick response; TEMPUR material is in line with classic memory foam, with more contouring characteristics.
Just a reminder, the TEMPUR-Cloud Breeze Dual Cooling pillow is not available to return once purchased; only the Bear pillow offers any sort of trial or return policy (100 nights).
Check out our top picks for Best Memory Foam Pillows.