While the Good Life Essentials pillow is filled with shredded memory foam and Bear’s pillow is a solid piece of hybrid foam, both provide comfortable support that could meet the needs of any person who likes a firmer pillow. What else do they have in common? Read on for my full comparison.
- Cooling materials featured in outer cover fabric
- Removable and washable portions/covers
- Made in the USA
- On the firmer/supportive side – could be good for back and side sleepers
Good Life Essentials:
- Cover: 50% Bamboo and 50% polyester blend textured cover
- Filling: 100% Polyurethane Shredded Foam
- Only sold on Amazon
- Comes in sizes: Standard, Queen and King (reviewed Queen)
- Lifetime warranty and 30-day trial
- Cover: Double Ice Fabric: a special fabric that feels cool to the touch; made up of 40% “cool yarn” and 60% polyester
- Core filling is made with LOFT-X FOAM: a hybrid foam that combines memory foam and latex foam to contour to your spine and neck (100% polyurethane)
- Dual mesh side panels for continuous airflow throughout your sleep
- Only available in Queen size
- 2-year warranty and 100 night trial (from the time you receive the pillow)
You Might Choose
Good Life Essentials If…
- You want to shape your pillow. The pieces of shredded memory foam allow you to manipulate the pillow in several ways. If you feel that there is too much loft you can carve out an area for your head and neck.
- You want a super soft cover. The fabric on the cover is 50% bamboo and 50% polyester, which makes it very soft and comfortable.
- You Sleep Hot. Bear’s pillow is made to breathe and keep you cool at night. It offers ventilated foam and Double Ice Fabric on the cover that feels cool to the touch.
- You want a pillow that is easy to deal with. To keep the pillow clean all you need to do is wash and dry the cover (and spot clean the foam is necessary). The foam won’t lose its shape or go flat, so there is no need to throw it in the dryer to fluff it.
Both pillows have a lot to offer in terms of support and contouring for your head and neck. If you are deciding between the two it may come down to two features:
Filling: Good Life Essentials offers shredded pieces of memory foam while Bear’s pillow is a solid piece. This makes a big difference when you lay your head down on the pillow and may just come down to personal preference.
Good Life Essentials pillow has more loft and can be more easily manipulated while Bear’s pillow is a unique combination of foams, provides support and is designed to breathe.
Cover: The Good Life Essentials pillow is super soft and feels closer to a traditional pillow case than Bear. The Bear pillow features “cool yarn” in its fabric and feels more like fabric for athletic clothing, which could be a great option for hot sleepers.
Both pillows come with trial periods if you are interested in trying them. You may want to consider trying both to see if your head is more comfortable on shredded foam or solid foam.
Latest posts by Katie Golde (see all)
- Home Essentials Company Floyd Unveils Its First Mattress - November 15, 2019
- Pillow Reviews: Casper Vs. MyPillow – How Do They Stack Up? - November 14, 2019
- Vicks Filter Free Cool Mist Humidifier Review - November 13, 2019