While the Good Life Essentials pillow is filled with shredded memory foam and Bear’s pillow is a solid piece of hybrid foam, both provide comfortable support that could meet the needs of any person who likes a firmer pillow. What else do they have in common? Read on for my full comparison.
- Cooling materials featured in outer cover fabric
- Removable and washable portions/covers
- Made in the USA
- On the firmer/supportive side – could be good for back and side sleepers
Good Life Essentials:
- Cover: 50% Bamboo and 50% polyester blend textured cover
- Filling: 100% Polyurethane Shredded Foam
- Only sold on Amazon
- Comes in sizes: Standard, Queen and King (reviewed Queen)
- Lifetime warranty and 30-day trial
- Cover: Double Ice Fabric: a special fabric that feels cool to the touch; made up of 40% “cool yarn” and 60% polyester
- Core filling is made with LOFT-X FOAM: a hybrid foam that combines memory foam and latex foam to contour to one’s spine and neck (100% polyurethane)
- Dual mesh side panels for continuous airflow throughout an individual’s sleep
- Only available in Queen size
- 2-year warranty and 100 night trial (from the time the customer receives the pillow)
Who Might Choose
Good Life Essentials
- Those who like to shape their pillows. Despite the inability to access the shredded foam filling, the pieces can be moved and allow the sleeper to manipulate the pillow in several ways. If there’s too much initial loft, it’s possible to adjust and carve out an area for one’s head and neck.
- Sleepers who love a modern knit. The cover fabric is 50% bamboo (rayon or viscose) and 50% polyester, which makes it very soft and comfortable. Bamboo is a new but increasingly popular fabric that is known for being soft but also breathable and durable.
- Hot sleepers. Bear’s pillow is designed for breathability and to help hot sleepers stay cool all night; it accomplishes this with its ventilated foam core and its proprietary Double Ice Fabric cover, that has their own “cool yarn” woven into it for that cool-to-the-touch feel.
- Those who prefer a molded foam core. The special LOFT-X hybrid foam is molded into a singular piece, which means it won’t fall flat or change shape, unlike its counterpart.
Both pillows have a lot to offer in terms of support and contouring specifically to the head and neck are. Deciding between these two excellent options will come down to the differences highlighted in the following features.
Filling: Good Life Essentials offers shredded pieces of memory foam while Bear’s pillow is a solid piece of LOFT-X foam that feels like a mix of memory foam and bouncier latex foam. The difference is instantly noticeable as the Good Life Essentials pillow is slow to respond and easy to manipulate while the Bear pillow has a very quick response.
Cover: The Good Life Essentials pillow is tremendously soft and offers a feel that’s closer to a traditional pillowcase than Bear’s Double Ice fabric cover. As mentioned earlier, the Bear pillow features “cool yarn” in its fabric, which is reminiscent of fabric used in performance or athletic clothing, making it a great option for hot sleepers.
Both pillows come with trial periods for those interested in giving them a test drive for several nights. Those who are new to foam pillows may want to experience both to get an idea of what suits the individual best.
Latest posts by Katie Golde (see all)
- How Genetics Impact Our Sleep - March 23, 2020
- Amerisleep Comfort Classic Pillow Review – The Perfect Foam Pillow? - March 20, 2020
- Best Cotton Sheets – Tried and Tested! - March 3, 2020