The Beyond Down Gel Fiber pillow and the Iso-Cool Traditional-Shaped Foam pillow have a lot to offer – but they’re best suited for different types of sleepers. One is great for back and side sleepers and the other is better suited for stomach sleepers. What else should you know? Read on for my full comparison.
- Traditional shapes
- 100% cotton covers
- Parts of each pillow are washable/dryable
- Made in the USA and contains imported materials
Beyond Down Gel Fiber Pillow:
- Cover: 300 thread count, 100% cotton cover
- Filling: gel fiber that mimics goose down (100% polyester fiber)
- 4.5-inch gusset, with double needle corded edges
- Designed for side sleepers but can be comfortable for all sleep positions
- Comes in Standard, Queen, and King
- Care: machine wash and dryer friendly
Check out the complete Beyond Down Gel Fiber pillow review, here.
Iso-Cool Traditional Shape
- 300-thread count 100% cotton cover with Outlast Adaptive Comfort material has microscopic phase change material (PCM) beads that absorb heat and feel cool, or releases heat and feel warm
- Visco-elastic memory foam filling in a plush design
- Machine washable cotton cover
- 5 Year Limited Warranty
- CERTIPUR-US Certified
- Endorsed by American Sleep Association (ASA)
- Comes in one size (but other shapes)
Read the full Iso-Cool Traditional-Shape Memory Foam pillow review, here.
You Might Choose
Beyond Down If…
- You prefer the feeling of down. Beyond Down is a down alternative pillow. Although it is somewhat overstuffed it still gives you that cozy feeling of sinking into a down pillow – plus it’s hypoallergenic.
- You are a back or side sleeper. The 4.5″ gusset on this pillow gives it a lot of loft and room for filling, which helps make it a good fit for back and side sleepers who typically need a thicker pillow.
- You want size options. The pillow comes in Standard, Queen and King. Iso-Cool comes in other shapes – aside from Traditional – but one standard size.
Iso-Cool Traditional Shape If…
- You are a hot sleeper. This pillow features Outlast Adaptive Comfort material on the cover. This has microscopic phase change material (PCM) beads that absorb heat and feel cool, or releases heat and feel warm.
- You prefer foam pillows. Iso-Cool features a single piece of memory foam compared to Beyond Down’s down alternative filling.
- You are a stomach sleeper. The pillow’s low profile and plush foam design make it a potential option for stomach sleepers who want a foam pillow. It should be soft enough to allow a neural head, neck and spinal alignment for most.
The good news is that between these two pillows, there is pretty much something for everyone. Back and side sleepers will find the Beyond Down pillow most comfortable while those who sleep hot or who have their hearts set on memory foam should look at the Iso-Cool Traditional Shaped Foam option.
Latest posts by Katie Golde (see all)
- How To Hang Your Blackout Curtains – Just A Few Simple Steps! - September 9, 2019
- ‘LectroFan Classic White Noise Machine Review – Is It Pitch Perfect? - September 5, 2019
- How Alcohol Impacts Sleep – What You Should Know - September 4, 2019