The Beyond Down Gel Fiber pillow and the ISO-COOL Traditional-Shaped Foam pillow are great pillows in their own right but they’re truly best suited for different sleepers. One is tall, lofted and downy while the other is thin and full of supportive memory foam. So, what do these two even have in common and what else is there to know? Read on for my full comparison.
- Traditional shapes
- 100% cotton covers
- Parts of each pillow are washable/dryable
- Made in the USA and contains imported materials
Beyond Down Gel Fiber Pillow:
- Cover: 300 thread count, 100% cotton cover
- Filling: gel fiber that mimics goose down (100% polyester fiber)
- 4.5-inch gusset, with double-needle corded edges
- Designed for side sleepers but can be comfortable for all sleep positions
- Comes in Standard, Queen, and King
- Care: machine wash and dryer friendly
Check out the complete Beyond Down Gel Fiber pillow review, here.
ISO-COOL Traditional Shape
- 300-thread count 100% cotton cover with Outlast Adaptive Comfort material. This material are actually microscopic Phase Change Material (PCM) beads that absorb heat and feel cool, or releases heat and feel warm
- Visco-elastic memory foam filling in a plush design
- Machine washable cotton cover
- 5 Year Limited Warranty
- CERTIPUR-US Certified
- Endorsed by American Sleep Association (ASA)
- Comes in one size (but other shapes)
Read the full ISO-COOL Traditional-Shape Memory Foam pillow review, here.
Who Might Choose
- Prefer a down pillow. Beyond Down is a hypoallergenic down alternative pillow and although it arrives essentially overstuffed, it still provides that gorgeous fluffy feel of a down pillow.
- Back or side sleepers. The 4.5″ gusset on this pillow offers plenty of room for polyester microfibers, which make it appealing to back and side sleepers, who typically prefer a thicker pillow.
- Those who want size options. The pillow comes in Standard, Queen, and King, while ISO-COOL comes in other shapes – aside from Traditional – but one standard size.
ISO-COOL Traditional Shape
- Hot sleepers. This pillow features innovative Outlast Adaptive Comfort material on the cover. This has microscopic Phase Change Material (PCM) beads that absorb heat and feel cool, or releases heat and feel warm. All of this works together in harmony to help regulate one’s body temperature overnight.
- Those who prefer foam pillows. ISO-COOL features a single and solid piece of memory foam, which offers a contouring and pressure-relieving feel as compared to Beyond Down’s down alternative filling.
- Stomach sleepers. The pillow’s low profile and plush foam design make it a potential option for stomach sleepers who prefer foam pillows but may feel that many are too supportive. Without a doubt, this pillow should be soft enough to allow a neural head, neck and spinal alignment for most.
The positive news is that between these two pillows, there is essentially something for every type of sleeper. Back and side sleepers will find the Beyond Down pillow most comfortable, while those who sleep hot or who have their hearts set on memory foam should look at the ISO-COOL Traditional Shaped Foam option.