The Beyond Down Gel Fiber pillow is designed with side sleepers in mind. The Good Life Essentials pillow is filled with pieces of shredded memory foam that you can manipulate into your desired loft. Both provide a good amount of support, so would either work for stomach sleepers? Read on for my full comparison of these pillows.
- Traditional shape
- Variety of sizes (Standard, Queen, and King)
- Both pillows are washable/dry-able
- Could be good for back and side sleepers (those who want loft and support)
- Filling is not accessible in either
Beyond Down Gel Fiber Pillow:
- Cover: 300 thread count, 100% cotton cover
- Filling: gel fiber that mimics goose down (100% polyester fiber)
- Intended to give the feel of 600 fill power pure down
- 4.5-inch gusset, with double needle corded edges
- Designed for side sleepers but can be comfortable for all sleep positions
- Comes in Standard, Queen, and King
- Care: machine wash and dryer friendly
Good Life Essentials:
- Cover: 50% Bamboo and 50% polyester blend textured cover
- Filling: 100% Polyurethane Shredded Foam
- CertiPUR-US Certified Foam
- Comes in sizes: Standard, Queen, and King (reviewed Queen)
- Only sold on Amazon
- 30-day trial and Lifetime warranty
- Care: Cold gentle wash and low tumble dry; make sure pillow is completely dry before use
You Might Choose
Beyond Down If….
- You like the feeling of down. Beyond Down is filled with gel fibers that are supposed to mimic down. The pillow is said to have the same feel as a down pillow with a 600 fill power. Based on my experience it does have a very downy feel to it (minus the allergies!)
- You are a stomach sleeper. Between the two pillows, Beyond Down will be a better fit for most stomach sleepers. You sink deeply into the pillow – but because it is overstuffed and as a large gusset – you will still feel a good amount of support.
Good Life Essentials…
- You prefer foam to down filling. The Good Life Essentials pillow is filled with pieces of shredded memory foam. This gives it some flexibility with manipulating the pieces inside but you will still that added support and firmness from the foam.
- You want a breathable foam option. Good Life Essentials pillow – with its foam pieces – will have more airflow than a solid foam pillow, but the bamboo fabric cover will also help you stay cool at night.
- You have allergies. Both of these pillows are hypoallergenic, so those with down allergies or sensitivities to dust mites will be comfortable with either pillow.
(Beyond Down – left/Good Life Essentials – right)
With their higher loft and good support, both of these pillows are probably a better match for side and back sleepers. It’s possible that the Beyond Down Gel Fiber pillow could also work for stomach sleepers, but there was just too much filling for me.
The Good Life Essentials pillow is only available on Amazon and is more expensive compared to the Beyond Down pillow, but it comes with a 30-day trial that might offset the risk. Both pillows are on the more affordable side.
Latest posts by Katie Golde (see all)
- How To Hang Your Blackout Curtains – Just A Few Simple Steps! - September 9, 2019
- ‘LectroFan Classic White Noise Machine Review – Is It Pitch Perfect? - September 5, 2019
- How Alcohol Impacts Sleep – What You Should Know - September 4, 2019