The Sleep Tite Pri1me and Luna mattress protectors both offer waterproof and allergen protection in a fitted-sheet style. With so many similarities between them, it really all comes down to fit. Read on for my full review and personal experience with both protectors.
- Fitted sheet style (protection on five sides)
- Waterproof surface
- Hypoallergenic cotton terry surface fabric
- Dust mite protector
- Machine washable, tumble low dry heat (or line dry); do not bleach, iron or dry clean
- Vinyl, PVC, and Phthalate free
- 15-year warranties
- Unique and special sizing including RV’s and cribs
- Can fit mattresses up to 22-inches thick
- Offers Universal Fit. This means the protector has strong elastic corners and extra deep pockets to hold onto thicker mattresses.
- Offers crib protectors
- Made in the USA and can fit mattresses up to 18-inches thick
- Offers Invis-Lay Protection which is also intended to protect the mattress without being detected under the sheets.
Pros and Cons of Each Protector
Who Might Want The Sleep Tite…
- Those with a thicker mattress (22-inches thick)
- Those who want a thick, elastic edging that will hold the protector tightly to the mattress (Universal Fit)
The full Sleep Tite Protector review is available here.
Who Might Want the Luna…
- Those who want to avoid any feel of the protector under the sheets (Invis-Lay Protection)
- Those who want the protector to be made in the USA.
The full Luna Mattress Protector review is available here.
The biggest difference between these two mattress protectors is that the Sleep Tite protector can fit mattresses up to 22-inches thick while Luna fits up to 18-inches. Otherwise, these two protectors are incredibly similar (even in price) and it is difficult to distinguish between them.
Both protectors were a little too big for my 10-inch thick Casper mattress, and there was excess material around the edges that caused some shifting and some slight noise on my mattress.
I think the saving grace for the Sleep Tite protector – and what caused me to rate it slightly higher than Luna – is the “Universal Fit” element that Malouf offers. The elastic gripped my mattress and held the protector as closely to my mattress as possible, making it a more ideal sleeping experience.
I felt less overall shifting and noise (and generally just noticed the protector less often) with the Sleep Tite than the Luna protector, which is why I made it my personal choice.
That being said, depending on what type/size mattress a person might have, the Luna could also potentially be a great fit.
Both mattress protectors are sold on sites that offer them at discounted prices (those prices change frequently so keep that in mind), so people people should check those out to get the best price available.