Pacific Coast is a major online retailer of down and feather bedding. I reviewed the Pacific Coast King Luxury Comforter with 650 Fill Power Pyrenees Down.
At $130, is this a good deal for a “luxury” comforter? Read on for my full review.
You Will Like This Comforter If …
- You want a luxury comforter at an affordable price. A price tag of $130 is a reasonable price for this well constructed, higher fill power comforter.
- You want that true down feeling but struggle with allergies. Pacific Coast cleans its down up to eight times, lowering the risk of allergic reactions to dust mites and other allergens. If you do experience allergies, Pacific Coast offers a 30-day Allergy-Free Warranty.
- You prefer a nice overhang with your comforter. The comforter is oversized and drapes over your bed, which may add extra comfort for folks who enjoy feeling enveloped by their bedding.
You May Not Like This Comforter If …
- You are a hot sleeper. This comforter may be too warm for some climates. I found it to be comfortable, but it may be too heavy for hotter sleepers.
- You want a super fluffy comforter. The Pacific Coast does have nice fluff, but it is light to medium weight. If you want something fluffier, you may want to look for a comforter with higher fill power.
- You want something easier to wash. Because it is stuffed with natural down, it’s recommended that this comforter only be cleaned via professional cleaning.
- The shell is made from 100 percent Egyptian Cotton with a thread count of 420.
- It is a Barrier Weave Fabric designed for softness and to trap the feathers and down within the shell.
- The fill is 40.5 ounces of 650 Fill Power Pyrenees Down. Pyrenees down is rarer, fluffier, goose down from the Pyrenees Mountain Region.
- During the Hyperclean® process, the goose down is washed up to eight times, removing significantly more dust and allergens.
- A Comfort Lock Border surrounds three sides of the comforter. This border helps keep the down evenly distributed and makes the entire comforter more fluffy.
- The comforter features a Baffle Box Design. Unlike sewn-through stitching, Baffle Boxes are three dimensional box squares that allow the filling to fully expand. This design is usually found on more luxury comforters, as it is more expensive to construct.
- The dimensions are 108” x 98”, which is fairly large for a King. The comforter features great overhang and drape.
- It is made in the USA from imported materials.
The Pacific Coast had a nice softness to it. I sleep with a top sheet, but the outer shell was soft against my arms and face. I could really feel that Egyptian Cotton and Barrier Weave Fabric at work.
RELATED: Best Reviewed Mattresses
Loft And Body
I found the comforter to be fairly lofty. The 650 fill power and Baffle Box design add up to some nice fluff.
However, considering these qualifications, I thought the comforter would have more body. I did find it to be very comfortable, but a little thin.
Breathability And Warmth
Natural down usually makes for a more breathable comforter. That is definitely the case with the Pacific Coast.
Sleeping under this comforter, I felt a great balance of warmth and breathability. I always felt covered and warmed without it getting too stuffy or sweaty.
Pacific Coast recommends that you wash this comforter only at a dry cleaner or professional cleaner.
Down is very difficult to clean correctly, so definitely follow these instructions to the letter.
The Pacific Coast Luxury King Comforter is a great value for what you are getting. It was comfortable and could be a good match for the right person.
Still, some aspects left me wanting. Specifically, it felt thin considering the Baffle Boxes and higher fill power. If you are seeking a fluffier comforter, I would consider one with more fill power.
Pacific Coast offers a 30-night Comfort and Allergy Guarantee as well as a 10-year Limited Warranty.
Latest posts by Marten Carlson (see all)
- Tuft & Needle Mint Vs. Casper Mattress Comparison – Which Is Best For You? - September 12, 2019
- Best Memory Foam Mattress Toppers – Which Is The One For You? - September 11, 2019
- Cushion Lab Calm Embrace Weighted Blanket Review – Will It Help You Sleep Better? - September 10, 2019