Those looking for sustainably made, 100 percent organic cotton sheets can set their sights on Saatva Dreams Lofton organic cotton sheets.
These sheets are super soft and made with long staple cotton in a sateen weave for durability and an overall luxurious look.
While these sheets do have a wonderful feel, there are a few things you’ll need to consider before buying. Check out my full review below.
- The set comes with:
- One flat sheet
- One fitted sheet
- Two pillowcases (except for Twin and Twin XL sets, which include one pillowcase)
- Sateen weave
- 300-thread count
- Long-staple, 100 percent organic cotton
- White, ivory, and grey colors
- Deep pockets for mattresses 10” to 15” high
- Single-ply thread for lightness and breathability
- 45-day return policy
- Made in Fair Trade Certified™ factories
- Global Organic Textile Standard (GOTS) certified
- Queen sheet set is $195
- Care: machine wash on a cold setting, no bleach. Tumble dry
Who Makes Them?
The sheets are made by Saatva Dreams, one of several brands in a family that includes Saatva, Loom & Leaf, and Zenhaven mattress brands.
Saatva Dreams offers many bedding sleep products, including pillows and mattress toppers in addition to sheets.
- Lightweight and breathable, which makes these sheets good for hot sleepers
- Several nice, neutral colors to choose from
- Organic cotton and Fair Trade Certified
- 45 days to return
- Wrinkle fairly easily
- On the more expensive side
- Not great for winter months or for people who sleep cold
The Saatva Dream’s Lofton organic cotton sheets can be a great option for those who are looking for high-quality organic sheets that are sustainably produced. The sheets are also Global Organic Textile Standard (GOTS) Certified and Fair Trade Certified.
The sheets are long-staple cotton, which means they are durable and won’t pill or deteriorate after washing and drying them.
That said, it’s important to follow the care instructions on the sheets. Don’t dry them on a high heat setting, and try to remove them when they are still warm and lay them directly on your bed to avoid wrinkling (although there will most likely still be some wrinkles). You can iron your sheets on a lower heat setting to remove the remaining wrinkles.
The sheets come slightly oversized so that when you dry them and they shrink, they’ll still fit your bed properly. They’ll work with mattresses up to 15″ deep.
The sheets are single-ply cotton, which means they have a really light and breathable feel. Even though they are sateen weave, they don’t have a heavy, satin-like feel that is characteristic of that weave.
For this reason, I recommend them for hot sleepers and people who live in warmer climates. Typically, I say sateen is better for colder climates, but these are light enough to work for hot sleepers.
The sheets come in three great, neutral colors and a nice canvas bag to store them in if you feel like it.
At $195, they’re not cheap, but they’re surely a high-quality set of cotton sheets that should last you a long time.
These are truly a gorgeous set of organic and sustainable sheets. I think it’s great that they’re GOTS certified and Fair Trade Certified, so you can feel good about putting them on any family member’s bed.
Yes, they’re on the pricier side and prone to wrinkles. They’re also on the lighter and crisper side, despite being a sateen weave that is known for being more satin-like.
Overall, I do think it’s worth checking them out (especially given their 45-day return policy) if they fit in your budget and you think you might enjoy them.
Latest posts by Katie Golde (see all)
- How To Make Hospital Corners – A Few Simple Steps! - November 7, 2019
- 2019 Veterans Day Mattress Sales – Check Them Out Now! - November 7, 2019
- Pillow Reviews: Purple vs. Purple Plush – Which One Is The Best Fit? - November 1, 2019