Boll & Branch are one of the most asked about sheets on my site. They have a reputation for quality, and though definitely not cheap, they are at a reasonable price point for 100% organic bedding.
Overall I’m a big fan of the sheets, though I had a few complaints as well. You definitely have to know you want this type of feel before you should make a purchase. These sheets are a bit on the pricey side, but if you like this type of feel, you will probably like the sheets a lot.
Read on for the full Boll & Branch review.
You will love Boll & Branch if you…
- Want organic bedding – Boll & Branch is 100% organic cotton with non-toxic dyes
- Want a soft luxurious feel – these sheets are a Sateen weave, giving them a nice silky feel
- Value tasteful and classic design – Boll & Branch does offer a few designs and patterns, sticking to a very classic look that I really like compared to other options (obviously you can judge for yourself)
You may not like Boll & Branch if you…
- Don’t value organic bedding – though reasonably priced for the quality, if you don’t care about the organic component, you can probably get a similar quality at a lower price (I’d look at my Brooklinen review)
- Want a Percale weave – Percale is a dry crispy sheet, vs a more silky feel from Boll & Branch. One feel isn’t better than another, it really comes down to personal preference, but Boll and Branch only offers one type.
To start, the packaging of Boll & Branch is really first class. The box comes tied up with a ribbon, and the sheets come in three separate wraps tied together by a second ribbon.
After going through the wrapping, you are left with the sheets, with each component individually wrapped.
I bought the pleated sheet set (twin size), which includes a fitted sheet, a flat sheet, and two pillow cases. There are several colors available in the hem, and other styles include hemmed, banded, trimmed, seedling, and children’s hemmed.
Out of the box the sheets were already pretty soft, and with this pair I actually used them one night before washing. Still after two washes the sheets felt even softer and fit the bed even better.
The sheets were a great fit. Note that the fitted sheet is actually quite deep, and in my opinion will fit a very thick mattress. I had it on a relatively thin mattress (~8 inches thick) and it managed to fit this size as well.
I will say that the pillow cases looked great, but I put them on some pillows that were slightly smaller than non-standard pillows, and they did hang off it a little bit and hid the beautiful pleated pattern. If you’re planning on making this sheet set look as great as possible, you’re going to need to consider the pillow size.
Sheet Construction and Company
This company definitely values eco-friendly and fair trade practices, and thus the sheets are 100% organic cotton and are manufactured in a Certified Fair Trade factory in India. The sheets have 300 thread count in a Sateen weave.
The company offers a variety of other textiles, including duvets, shams, towels, knit blankets, and scarves. For all products, the company sells direct to the consumer to deliver a luxury-quality product at a more affordable price.
Other things to note
- They have returns within 30 days of purchase (note: shipping is not refunded)
- Boll & Branch donates to Not For Sale, a non-profit that fights against human trafficking
I really love the feel of these sheets (I’m a big fan of quality Sateen weave) and love what the company stands for (eco-friendly and fair trade). They are a bit pricier than other sheets I’ve reviewed, but in my mind are still a tremendous value. In terms of comfort and feel, they might be my favorite sheets reviewed to date. Overall highly recommended.
Latest posts by Joe Auer (see all)
- Awara Mattress Review – A Supportive Latex Hybrid? - April 16, 2019
- GhostBed Vs Casper – Which Should You Choose? - March 26, 2019
- GhostBed Flex Mattress Review – A Cool Hybrid? - March 22, 2019