Zenhaven and Tempur-Pedic offer two very different mattress options. Zenhaven offers one natural latex mattress, while Tempur-Pedic has a full line of memory foam mattresses. We have still received some emails asking us to compare the two. I’ll go over the main similarities and differences in this article in an attempt to help you make a more informed decision if you are down to these two.
- Both are considered luxury mattress offerings
- Zenhaven has just one model, while Tempur-Pedic has a full line
- Zenhaven uses all-natural latex throughout the mattress, while Tempur-Pedic uses memory foam and polyfoam (and springs in the Flex collection)
- Zenhaven is flippable, with two firmness levels in one
- Zenhaven is much bouncier/more responsive than any of the Tempur-Pedic mattresses
Main Construction Differences
Zenhaven uses natural talalay latex throughout its mattress. This is an extremely durable material, especially when compared to memory foam and polyfoam. For that reason, I would make an educated guess that the Zenhaven will be more durable than any of the Tempur-Pedic mattresses. It is also flippable, meaning it has two firmness levels in one. It is also quite bouncy. You get pressure relief, but you feel you sleep more “on” the mattress rather than “in” the mattress. The mattress will also be very breathable.
With Tempur-Pedic, except for the Flex collection, you will slowly sink into the mattress. The mattresses have a pure memory foam feel. You feel more that you sleep “in” the mattress rather than “on” the mattress. The line of mattresses gets more expensive as the firmness level gets softer and as the mattresses get thicker.
You Might Want To Pick Zenhaven If:
- You Want A Natural Product– Zenhaven is about 99% organic. If you want a more natural product, Zenhaven is the clear way to go.
- Durability Is A Key Factor For You– Generally, natural latex will be much more durable than memory foam or polyfoam. If you are looking at this purchase as a long-term investment, then Zenhaven might be the way to go.
- You Want A More Responsive Sleeping Surface– The Zenhaven feel is much different from the majority of Tempur-Pedic mattresses. If you want a bouncier, more responsive mattress, then Zenhaven is definitely the way to go.
- You’re Unsure Which Firmness Level You Want– Having a flippable mattress with two firmness options is a cool innovation that maximizes the chances you’ll get the right firmness level for you.
You Might Want To Pick Tempur-Pedic If:
- You Like Memory Foam– If you like the concept of slowly sinking into your mattress and having it envelop you, then Tempur-Pedic is definitely the way to go.
- You Want To Try Out A Line Of Different Models– Tempur-Pedic has a full line of mattresses with different firmness levels and feels. If you really want to try out a bunch of different models, then Tempur-Pedic is definitely the way to go.
- You Want To Buy From A More Established Brand– Tempur-Pedic has been around a long time, so you get the benefit of having lots of customer review data. Some people like buying from the big brands, so if you fall into that category, then Tempur-Pedic could be the way to go.
Which Should You Pick?
Zenhaven and Tempur-Pedic present very different offerings. Hopefully based on what I’ve described you can see the clear differences and make a better decision for you.
Joe Auer is the editor of Mattress Clarity. He mainly focuses on mattress reviews and oversees the content across the site.
He likes things simple and take a straightforward, objective approach to his reviews. Joe has personally tested nearly 250 mattresses and always recommends people do their research before buying a new bed. He has been testing mattresses for over 5 years now, so he knows a thing or two when it comes to mattress selection. He has been cited as an authority in the industry by a number of large publications.
Joe has an undergraduate degree from Wake Forest University and an MBA from Columbia University.
Latest posts by Joe Auer (see all)
- Zinus Vs AmazonBasics Comparison – Which Online Mattress Wins Out? - November 11, 2019
- AmazonBasics Memory Foam Mattress Review – A Comfortable Value? - November 8, 2019
- Tuft & Needle Vs. Mint Vs. Hybrid – How Do They All Stack Up? - October 22, 2019