Zenhaven and the Plushbeds Botanical Bliss mattress offer very similar natural latex mattresses. I’ve been asked to compare the two mattresses. In this article, I’ll compare the Zenhaven with the 10” Botanical Bliss mattress.
- Both use an organic cotton cover
- Both use natural talalay latex in the comfort layer
- Both use a joma wool fire barrier
- Both are all latex mattresses
- Both have a bouncy/resilient feel
- Both are very durable mattresses
- Plushbeds has multiple firmness options, while Zenhaven has one flippable mattress with two firmness levels in one
- The Zenhaven comfort layer is zoned to provide more support under the heavier parts of the body
- Zenhaven sells a Queen for $1,899 but you also pay shipping; the 10” Botanical Bliss sells a Queen for $1,999 but with free shipping
- Plushbeds uses dunlop latex in the support layer, while Zenhaven uses talalay latex
Main Construction Differences
These mattresses have a very similar construction. To me, in reality, the fact that the Botanical Bliss uses dunlop in the support layer versus talalay in the Zenhaven doesn’t make much of a difference in reality. You can read up on the main differences, but I don’t think it’s much of a difference in this case.
The fact that the Zenhaven has a zoned comfort layer is interesting, as it should mean you get more support on your hips and shoulders, where you need it most. The Botanical Bliss is not zoned.
The fact that the Zenhaven is flippable is a big difference if you really aren’t sure which firmness level you will want. With Plushbeds, you have firmness options, but you would need to know which firmness level you want before ordering. With Zenhaven, you get two firmness options once the mattress arrives because it is flippable.
Overall, the differences in construction are subtle, and these are two very similar mattresses.
Which Should You Pick?
This is a really difficult call, as the two mattresses are so similar. I would say pick the Zenhaven if you are unsure which firmness level you want or if you need extra support. The fact that the mattress is flippable means you maximize the chances of getting the firmness level for you without having to go through the hassle of an exchange. The zoned construction means you get a little extra support where you need it the most. If you are sure of the firmness level you want, then consider getting the Botanical Bliss, as they give you four different options.
Joe Auer is the editor of Mattress Clarity. He mainly focuses on mattress reviews and oversees the content across the site.
He likes things simple and take a straightforward, objective approach to his reviews. Joe has personally tested nearly 250 mattresses and always recommends people do their research before buying a new bed. He has been testing mattresses for over 5 years now, so he knows a thing or two when it comes to mattress selection. He has been cited as an authority in the industry by a number of large publications.
Joe has an undergraduate degree from Wake Forest University and an MBA from Columbia University.
Latest posts by Joe Auer (see all)
- Beautyrest Black Online Mattress Review – Luxury Comfort And Support? - November 19, 2019
- Zinus Vs AmazonBasics Comparison – Which Online Mattress Wins Out? - November 11, 2019
- AmazonBasics Memory Foam Mattress Review – A Comfortable Value? - November 8, 2019