Zenhaven and Purple are two popular mattresses that have seen great success selling direct to consumers online. There are some similarities and a lot of differences between the two mattresses. I’ll go over in this mattress comparison the key points people should know if they are deciding between the two mattresses.
- Both have a similar business model and use quality, durable materials.
- Both are bouncy/very resilient.
- Both are very breathable and should sleep cool throughout the night.
- Zenhaven uses all-natural talalay latex throughout the mattress; Purple uses a combination of hyper-elastic polymer and polyfoam.
- Purple is $999 for a Queen with free shipping; Zenhaven is $1,899 for a Queen and people will pay a shipping fee.
- Zenhaven is bouncier than the Purple, even though both are very responsive.
- Zenhaven is almost 100% organic because of the natural latex in the construction.
- Purple isolates motion slightly better.
Zenhaven Construction Takeaways
- One thing that is pretty cool about the Zenhaven is that it is flippable, which means it has two firmness levels in one. If someone thinks one side is too firm or soft, they can always try flipping the mattress to see if the other side is a better fit for them. This maximizes the chances that they’ll get the right firmness level for them.
- The Zenhaven is made of all-natural talalay latex throughout the mattress. It’s not technically 100% organic, but it is as close as people can get to it without being 100% organic. The natural latex is a very durable materials, so this mattress should last people a very long time. The latex is very heavy and also very bouncy, so that’s something to note as well.
- The Zenhaven has a zoned construction, which basically means people get more support in the middle part of the mattress where they need it the most. This enhances overall support and makes the mattress even more durable.
Purple Construction Takeaways
- Purple’s comfort layer has a unique material called hyper-elastic polymer gel. It is a supportive material until enough pressure is applied, where at that point, the gel collapses. It’s set up in a grid system. People get pressure relief where they need it and support where they need it.
- I described the gel as firm yet pressure-relieving at the same time, and it’s certainly a unique feel. The gel is highly durable and breathable as well.
- The support layer is high-density polyfoam that is pretty standard for all-foam mattresses available online.
You Might Want To Pick Zenhaven If:
- You Want A More Natural Product– Zenhaven is as all-natural as people can get without being technically 100% organic. If you are looking for more natural materials, Zenhaven is definitely the way to go.
- You Aren’t Sure Which Firmness Level You Want– Zenhaven has two firmness levels in one, meaning people maximize the chances of getting the right one for them. If people just aren’t sure what type of firmness they might want, Zenhaven could be the best choice.
- You View The Purchase As A Long-Term Investment– The natural latex used throughout the Zenhaven is extremely durable. This means people can have their mattress in fine shape for a very long period of time.
You Might Want To Pick Purple If:
- Motion Isolation Is A Key Issue For You– Because of the grid system in Purple’s comfort layer, barely any motion transfers from one part of the bed to another. This is really great if someone sleeps with a partner.
- You Are A Side Sleeper– Pressure relief is probably the most notable aspect of the Purple mattress. That makes the mattress especially good for side sleepers, who need pressure relief on their shoulders and hips.
- You Are On A Budget– Zenhaven uses natural materials which are expensive to source. As a result, their mattress is priced much higher than the Purple. If someone is on a budget, Purple may be the way to go here.
Which Should You Pick?
Both are two of the best mattresses and have great reviews from customers so far. There are, however, some key differences between them. People should take a look at what I’ve written and reflect on what they value the most in a mattress. It may also be helpful to check our our other popular Zenhaven and Purple comparisons like Zenhaven vs Tempur-Pedic and Purple vs Nectar. From there the choice should be more clear.
Joe Auer is the editor of Mattress Clarity. He mainly focuses on mattress reviews and oversees the content across the site.
He likes things simple and take a straightforward, objective approach to his reviews. Joe has personally tested nearly 250 mattresses and always recommends people do their research before buying a new bed. He has been testing mattresses for over 5 years now, so he knows a thing or two when it comes to mattress selection. He has been cited as an authority in the industry by a number of large publications.
Joe has an undergraduate degree from Wake Forest University and an MBA from Columbia University.