I have received a few emails from people who are interested in the Tomorrow Sleep mattress asking whether the Medium Firm or Medium Soft version would be best for them. I thought I’d put together a very quick guide to help you figure out which one you should pick.
Tomorrow Sleep Medium Soft Construction
- The cover is thin and is a blend of polyester and nylon. It allows you to interact directly with the top layers of the mattress
- The top layer is 1 inch of 4.8 lb. memory foam with phase change material. This is a soft material that is great at relieving pressure
- The next layer is 2 inches of 2.5 lb. “airy comfort foam with gel.” Try to imagine memory foam with a little bounce and that’s what you get here
- The support layer is 6 inches of individually pocketed coils. The wire used is thinner than in the Medium Firm version
- There is a foam side rail system that provides extra edge support. This allows you to use the full surface area of the bed
- There is 1 inch of stabilizing foam at the bottom of the mattress for the coils to rest on
Tomorrow Sleep Medium Firm Construction
- The cover is the same as the Medium Soft version
- The top layer is 1 inch of 3.5 lb. memory foam with phase change material
- The next layer is .5 inches of airy comfort foam with gel
- The next layer is 1.5 inches of “dynamic response foam.” To me, the layer still has a memory foam feel that is slower to respond
- The support layer is the same as the Medium Soft version but with slightly thicker wire in the coils
- The side rail system is the same as the Medium Soft version
- There is also 1 inch of stabilizing foam at the bottom of the mattress in this version as well
- You can see that the thickness of the two version is the same
- The thickness of the comfort part of the mattress is the same for both versions
- The top layer is essentially the same foam but with different densities
- The Medium Soft version uses a thicker amount of their airy comfort foam
- The Medium Firm version alone has a layer of dynamic response foam. I found that layer to be a firmer, memory foam-like layer
- The Medium Firm version uses a thicker wire in the coil system
- Overall, the Medium Soft version produces a greater sinking into the mattress feel, even though it looks like the materials are very similar between the two mattresses.
Get The Medium Firm Version If:
- You sleep mainly on your stomach or back– The Medium Soft version is probably too soft for most back or stomach sleepers. The Medium Firm version will give you better support in those positions
- You are a heavy side sleeper– To me, the Medium Firm version is still a bit softer than average. I think heavy side sleepers might think the Medium Soft version is too soft, or they might push through and hit the coil system
Get The Medium Soft Version If:
- You Are A Light Or Medium Weight Side Sleeper– The Medium Soft version will give you the extra pressure relief on your hips and shoulders
- You Just Like A Really Plush Mattress– If you’ve had success with plush mattresses before, then you might want to consider this version of the mattress
I think it should be pretty clear which version you get. There are only two comfort options, so I think it should be pretty easy to decide. With that said, if you want me to assess your personal situation and make a recommendation, don’t hesitate to leave a comment below.
Joe Auer is the editor of Mattress Clarity. He mainly focuses on mattress reviews and oversees the content across the site.
He likes things simple and take a straightforward, objective approach to his reviews. Joe has personally tested nearly 250 mattresses and always recommends people do their research before buying a new bed. He has been testing mattresses for over 5 years now, so he knows a thing or two when it comes to mattress selection. He has been cited as an authority in the industry by a number of large publications.
Joe has an undergraduate degree from Wake Forest University and an MBA from Columbia University.
Latest posts by Joe Auer (see all)
- Casper Vs Casper Hybrid – Which Is Best For You? - May 15, 2019
- 40 Aphrodisiacs From Around the World – Does Sleep Make The List? - May 1, 2019
- Casper Hybrid Mattress Review – How Does It Compare To The Original? - April 24, 2019