The I-10 mattress and the I-LE mattress are the premiere models in Sleep Number’s line of beds. The I-10 – with its dual air chambers and separate reversible comfort layers – may be perfect for couples. The I-LE could be a great fit for anyone, especially those who tend to sleep a little hot.
For those who are still unsure which mattress is most appropriate for them, this guide will go over the main similarities and differences between the two in order to make the decision a little bit more clear.
- Both mattresses are made with a polyester/polypropylene blend fabric that is designed to be soft and breathable
- Both mattresses feature duvet-style pillowtops
- Both have a 2” foam base pad beneath the air chamber(s)
- Sleep IQ Technology included
Both come with this optional feature:
FlexFit™ Adjustable Bases
- 15” mattress profile
- 4” dual-layer design: 2″ of Memory Foam reverses to 2″ of PlushFit foam with 7 zones of contouring support
- Comes in Queen – FlexTop Cal King
- Dual air chamber option only
- Duvet-style pillowtop that includes: Hypersoft quilting foam for a plush surface and Outlast temperature balancing technology to minimize temperature swings
- $4,999.98 for a Queen size
- 14” mattress profile
- 3” of Exclusive Comfort Layer foam – enhanced with a breathable airflow design to help balance sleeping temperature
- Comfort foam has 5 zones specifically designed to contour to the head, shoulders, lower back, hips, and knees
- Duvet-style pillowtop that includes: Hypersoft quilting foam for a plush surface
- $4,899 for a Queen size
What Happened Several Live Chat Sessions
The Innovation Series of Sleep Number beds – like the I-10 and the I-LE – are made with several layers and specific features. Here is what happened after chatting for a while with Sleep Number Customer Service.
- Mattress Top: All three of the mattresses in the Innovation Line (the I-8, the I-10, and the I-LE) all feature similar duvet.-style pillowtops. The amount of quilting foam inside each will differ. A representative told me that because the I-10 has a 15” mattress profile, it will have an additional inch of quilting foam in the top of the mattress as compared to the I-LE with a 14” mattress profile.
- Foam Comfort Layer: Because the I-10 features 2” of denser memory foam in the reversible comfort layer, it will feel firmer overall compared to the I-LE mattress that features only regular comfort foam.
- Cooling Features: Both mattresses offer different ways to keep people sleeping cool. The I-10 has temperature balancing material (Outlast Technology) on the mattress cover, while the foam comfort layer on the I-LE is designed with breathability in mind.
Which Should People Pick?
- People Sleep With A Partner. The I-10 model is only made with dual air chambers, making it ideal for those who share a bed. Each partner gets their own air chamber to adjust to their Sleep Number. The reversible memory foam/PlushFit foam layer is also separated, so each person can sleep on his/her preferred side.
- People Want Full Body Pressure Relief. With the I-10, consumers get 2 additional zoned areas of body contouring – the lower legs and feet, while he I-LE has 5 zones of contouring and the I-10 has 7 total for a full body experience.
- People Want It All. If people want a luxurious pillowtop, layers of Memory Foam, Plushfit foam, and cooling technology, all of that is possible with the I-10 mattress. With the I-10 people get all of the options and with the comfort foam layers, they can change it to whatever their preference is at the moment.
- People Want More Cushion. Consumers can absolutely adjust the support of their mattress with their Sleep Number setting, but the 2” of reversible memory foam in the I-10 mattress makes it a denser and firmer mattress compared to the I-LE, which features 3” of enhanced comfort foam. So even though the I-10 has more layers of cushion, the I-LE will still be the least firm of the two mattresses.
- People Sleep Hot. Both mattresses offer cooling technology – just in different locations within the mattress. In the I-10 people will find the Outlast Technology built into the mattress surface. Meanwhile in the I-LE, the mattress is designed specifically for breathability.
When it comes to Sleep Number beds, the I-10 and the I-LE are the top of the line. They are both designed to keep people superbly cool and comfortable so they sleep well all night long.
At full price, there is only a $100 difference between a Queen size I-10 mattress and the limited edition Queen I-LE mattress.
If someone sleeps with a partner, they should spend the extra $100 and upgrade to the I-10 mattress. People can customize the I-10 more than any other Sleep Number bed. It’s made only with dual air chambers, so each person gets to set their desired level of support. In addition, people can reverse their comfort layer to either PlushFit or Memory Foam – so everyone is happy.
More information on the Sleep Number brand and line of mattress models is available here.
Latest posts by Katie Golde (see all)
- How Genetics Impact Our Sleep - March 23, 2020
- Amerisleep Comfort Classic Pillow Review – The Perfect Foam Pillow? - March 20, 2020
- Best Cotton Sheets – Tried and Tested! - March 3, 2020