Serta recently re-designed and re-engineered their collection of iComfort mattresses. They now offer a series of memory foam beds that use enhanced cooling technology and all new materials in a range of comfort levels.
The memory foam line is split into two groups: Blue and Blue Max. The Blue Max 1000 Cushion Plush is one of four mattress options in the Blue Max Line. It’s 13″ thick and offers three separate memory foam comfort layers (4″ total). It’s not the plushest option available, but side sleepers will surely enjoy it.
Read on for all the details on the Blue Max 1000 Cushion Plush mattress.
The Serta iComfort Blue Max 1000 Plush Model is approximately 13″ thick, with a blue and white TempActiv™ Touch Cover on the outside of the mattress.
The foam layers inside the mattress include:
- 1” TempActiv™ Max Gel Memory Foam
- 1.5” EverCool® Supreme Memory Foam
- 1.5” EverCool® Supreme Memory Foam
- 2” ActivBalance™ Support Foam
Plus, there is a support system of 7” Serta® Ultimate Edge® Foam Core inside the mattress.
EverCool® Supreme Memory Foam. This is a brand new material for Serta and only used in the plusher models like the Blue Max 1000 Cushion Plush. According to Serta, it’s higher-density memory foam designed to cradle the body for pressure point relief with a softer, yet supportive feel. It also has an open cell structure promotes airflow to reduce heat build-up within the all-foam mattress.
The Blue Max 1000 Cushion Plush is on the softer end of Serta’s firmness scale, but it is not completely soft:
The Blue Max 3000 Elite Plush is the plushest model in the Blue and Blue Max lines.
This Mattress Might Work For …
- Those who like a softer mattress. The Blue Max 1000 Cushion Plush is – as its name suggests – a plush bed. This means it will have quite a lot of give to it and will feel plusher than it will firm.
- People for whom temperature regulation is a priority. The Blue Max 1000 Plush has more temperature-regulating technology than the Serta iComfort Blue 100, 300 and 500 models, with the TempActiv™ Max Gel Memory Foam and EverCool® Supreme Memory Foam.
- Side sleepers. This mattress will cushion the spine and joints, giving sleepers a “hugging” sensation that alleviates pressure. Since side sleepers tend to put more pressure on their shoulders, hips and knees, this could be a great option.
This Mattress Might Not Work For …
- Those who love the bouncier feel of an innerspring mattress. The Serta iComfort Blue Max 1000 Plush has 4″ of memory foam comfort layers before sleepers hit a support layer, which should give it a very cushiony and enveloping feel overall. It’s also an all-foam mattress, so if someone is transitioning from an innerspring or even a latex mattress to plush memory foam bed like the Blue Max 1000 Plush, they should give themselves some time to adjust.
- People looking for a cost-effective option. The Serta iComfort Blue Max 1000 Plush starts at $1,799 for a Queen mattress. Since the Blue line is a more affordable collection of mattresses over Blue Max, shoppers may want to consider the Blue 500 Plush mattress – a Queen is $1,599.
- Stomach sleepers. Stomach sleepers typically require a mattress that is on the firmer or more supportive side to keep their spine in its proper alignment. Sleepers’ bodies may sink too deeply into the Blue Max 1000 Plush bed to say comfortable on their stomachs.
Most Common Pieces Of Praise
People with back and joint injuries say that they feel less pain in the mornings and sleep more comfortably in this bed.
The Serta® Ultimate Edge® Foam Core has enhanced support for the edges of the bed, so owners won’t feel like they are rolling off the bed (as is the case with other memory foam mattresses).
People shouldn’t feel their partners moving around at night, due to the movement isolating technology. One reviewer wrote: “My husband suffers from restless leg syndrome and with our old mattress he was constantly waking me up at with spasms. Now I’m not even aware of him sleeping beside me.”
Most Common Complaints
The “plush yet supportive” feel of this mattress isn’t right for everyone — if possible, test out the mattress in a store before buying it to make sure it’s a good fit.
Due to off-gassing, some people have reported a strong chemical odor coming from their brand-new mattress. However, this smell usually goes away after a few days.
Why Pick This Over Other iComfort Models?
The Serta iComfort Blue Max 1000 Plush Model is one of the softest mattresses in the 2017 iComfort range. In terms of price, it comes in right in the middle between the most affordable Blue 500 Plush ($1,599 for a Queen) and the Plushest (and most expensive) Blue Max 3000 Elite Plush ($2,299 for a Queen). The bed should actually be slightly firmer than both of these options.
Reviewers say that this mattress is great for isolating motion, making it a good option for people who are often disturbed by their partner moving around at night.
This is also a nice mattress for side sleepers, as it “envelops” and hugs the joints and hips instead of adding extra pressure.
The Serta iComfort Blue Max 1000 Plush Model has three layers of memory foam, one layer of support foam, and a foam core. The cooling features include a layer of TempActiv™ Gel Memory Foam, two separate layers of 1.5” EverCool® Supreme Memory Foam, and a TempActiv™ Touch Cover.
All Serta iComfort series mattresses come with a 120-night in-home trial period.
Latest posts by Katie Golde (see all)
- Honeywell Germ-Free Cool Moisture Humidifier Review - February 18, 2020
- A Complete Guide To Therapy And Sleep - February 13, 2020
- Through New Partnership, BedJet Brings Temperature Control To ReST Smart Beds - January 29, 2020