Early in 2018, Serta announced an update to their line of hybrid mattresses, introducing seven new models. These hybrids use new cooling technology, like the exclusive TempActiv™ gel memory foam and combine it with an advanced coil system featuring the Serta® Hybrid Coil™ for support.
The Blue Fusion 500 Extra Firm mattress is – as described – very firm. It features several memory foam layers on top and stands at 14″ high (approximately). To learn more about the mattress, check out our guide below.
The mattress is approximately 14” high and contains:
Serta iComfort Hybrid Blue Fusion 500
- FireBlocker® Fiber
- PillowSoft® Aire
- .5” Serta® Support Foam
- .75” TempActive™ Gel Memory Foam
- 1.5” Deep Reaction™ Max Memory Foam
- 1” Serta® Support Foam
- Serta® Hybrid Coil Support System Firm with Best Edge® Foam Encasement
The Blue Fusion 500 Extra Firm is very firm – it’s actually the firmest mattress in the whole hybrid line.
You Might Want To Consider This If:
- You are a stomach sleeper who likes a firm bed. This is the firmest hybrid available. Firmer, more supportive beds tend to suit stomach sleepers the best and help keep their head, neck, and spine in neutral alignment. If you love a firm bed and/or you primarily sleep on your stomach, this could be for you.
- You want a mattress with edge control technology. The Serta’s Best Edge® Foam Encasement technology offers edge control, meaning it’s easier to get in and out of bed due to a supportive edge of the mattress.
- You like the feel of memory foam. This mattress comes with .75″ of TempActive™ Gel Memory Foam and 1.5″ of Deep Reaction™ Max Memory Foam, which helps give the mattress a comforting feel without hindering support.
You Might Not Want To Consider This If:
- You want a softer mattress. This is definitively a firm, supportive mattress, that does not have a plushy or pillowy feeling. If you want something slightly less firm, you could consider the less expensive Blue Fusion 100 Gentle Firm option.
- You specifically want an innerspring mattress. If you love everything about innerspring coil mattresses and aren’t interested in memory foam, this may not be the best pick.
- You overheat at night. This mattress only has one layer of memory foam with cooling technology—the layer of TempActive™ Gel Memory Foam. Other Serta mattresses have many more layers of temperature regulating foam.
- You sleep on your side. A firm mattress can put more pressure on your hips and knees, making it a less popular option for side sleepers.
Serta iComfort Hybrid Blue Fusion 500
Why Pick The Blue Fusion 500 Over Other iComfort Hybrid Models?
It’s incredibly firm. This is the firmest hybrid mattress Serta makes, making it ideal for people who want extra support. It also has a number of memory foam layers on the top that help keep it comfortable and cool (thanks to cooling technology).
Serta iComfort Hybrid Blue Fusion 500 Extra Firm has, FireBlocker® Fiber, PillowSoft® Aire, one layer of Serta® Support Foam, one layer of TempActive™ Gel Memory Foam, one layer of Deep Reaction™ Max Memory Foam, one layer of, Serta® Support Foam, and Serta® Hybrid Coil Support System Firm with Best Edge® Foam Encasement. It is a very firm mattress with both innerspring coil and memory foam technology.
At $1,799 for a Queen at full price, the mattress may not be in everyone’s budget but could be the best choice if you want a really, really firm hybrid mattress.
all images from Serta
Latest posts by Katie Golde (see all)
- How To Hang Your Blackout Curtains – Just A Few Simple Steps! - September 9, 2019
- ‘LectroFan Classic White Noise Machine Review – Is It Pitch Perfect? - September 5, 2019
- How Alcohol Impacts Sleep – What You Should Know - September 4, 2019