Just this year Serta re-designed their line of hybrid mattresses and now offer seven new models. The new hybrid mattresses – all labeled as Blue Fusion – are a combination of exclusive Serta cooling technology and an advanced coil system. In these mattresses, you’ll find TempActiv™ gel memory foam and the Serta® Hybrid Coil™ – for support.
There are three Blue Fusion 1000 options:
- Blue Fusion 1000 Luxury Firm Pillow Top
- Blue Fusion 1000 Luxury Firm
- Blue Fusion Plush Pillow Top
Each model has a lot to offer and have their specific differences that lay in the details. We’ve put together a comprehensive guide to the Blue Fusion 1000 Luxury Firm model, in the hopes it helps you decide if one is right for you.
The mattress is approximately 14.5” high and contains:
Serta iComfort Hybrid Blue Fusion 1000 Luxury Firm
- FireBlocker® Fiber
- 1.25” Serta® PillowSoft® HD
- .5” Serta® Support Foam
- 2” TempActiv™ Gel Memory Foam
- 2” EverCool® Fuze Gel Foam
- Serta® Hybrid Coil Support System Firm with Best Edge® Foam Encasement
The Blue Fusion 1000 Luxury Firm close to the middle of the firmness range, but may feel just slightly more firm.
You Might Want To Consider This If:
- You run hot at night. This mattress has a lot of temperature-regulating technology: A layer of TempActiv™ Gel Memory Foam, a layer of EverCool® Fuze Gel Foam, and a TempActiv™ Touch Fabric finishing. The innerspring coil system will also enhance airflow within the mattress.
- You want a mattress that’s not too firm, but not too soft. Although the mattress says it’s Luxury Firm, it’s very close to being in the middle between soft and firm and lands just slightly on the firmer side. It’s softer than the Blue Fusion 1000 Luxury Firm Pillow Top option.
- You like both innerspring coil and memory foam technology. The Blue Fusion 1000 Luxury Firm mattress is a hybrid model, meaning it contains memory foam (in the TempActiv™ Gel Memory Foam and EverCool® Fuze Gel Foam layers) and innerspring coils (the Serta® Hybrid Coil Support System Firm with Best Edge® Foam Encasement).
You Might Not Want To Consider This If:
- You are on a limited budget. The Blue Fusion 1000 Luxury Firm starts at $1,999 for a Queen mattress at full price. As such, this mattress may not fit all budgets. If you like this comfort level, you may prefer the Blue Fusion 100 Firm that starts out at $1,299 for a Queen at full price.
- You want one or the other: memory foam or a pure innerspring coil. This model contains both types of technologies, so it won’t feel exactly like a normal memory foam mattress, it will have a little bounce or spring to it from the coil system.
Serta iComfort Blue Fusion 1000 Luxury Firm
- The mattress molds to your frame, but you don’t sink all the way into it. Buyers say that they like the way to mattress supports you, but you don’t feel like you are sinking all the way down into it. As one reviewer explained it: “I sink into the pillow top and once I’ve sunken in, it gets firm.”
- The mattress is sturdy and high-quality. “I love the look of it….and the quality of this mattress,” one reviewer wrote.
- The mattress does a nice job keeping people cool at night. This is due to the temperature regulating layers of TempActiv™ Gel Memory Foam and EverCool® Fuze Gel Foam.
- The mattress is 14.5” in height, which is taller than some people expected. Because of this height, you may need special “deep pocket” sheets to cover this mattress. This is an extra expense to keep in mind.
- The mattress may take a while to break in. The mattress may feel too firm at first, especially if you sleep on your side which can put pressure on your joints and hips. But after a few days or weeks, the mattress should “settle in” and feel more comfortable.
- Initially, the mattress might give off a chemical odor. This smell is caused by a normal process called “mattress off-gassing” that is nothing to panic about. The chemical odor should go away after a few days provided there is sufficient airflow in your bedroom.
Serta iComfort Hybrid Blue Fusion 1000 Luxury Firm
Why Pick The Blue Fusion 1000 Luxury Firm Over Other iComfort Hybrid Models?
The Serta iComfort Hybrid Blue Fusion 1000 Luxury Firm is of “medium” firmness on the Serta scale. If you want something firmer, you might actually prefer the Blue Fusion 1000 Luxury Firm Pillow Top.
You should choose the Blue Fusion 1000 Luxury Firm over the Blue Fusion 1000 Luxury Firm Pillow Top if you want an added 2” layer of cooling memory foam over support foam. This gives it that slighter softer edge and adds a bigger cooling factor.
The Serta iComfort Hybrid Blue Fusion 1000 Luxury Firm has FireBlocker® Fiber, a layer of Serta® PillowSoft® HD, a layer of Serta® Support Foam, a layer of TempActiv™ Gel Memory Foam, a layer of EverCool® Fuze Gel Foam, and Serta® Hybrid Coil Support System Firm with Best Edge® Foam Encasement. It is a medium-firmness mattress with both innerspring coil and memory foam technology.
The mattress is similar to its other Blue Fusion 1000 counterparts but stays right in the middle in terms of comfort between the firm Blue Fusion 1000 Luxury Firm Pillow Top and the softer Blue Fusion 1000 Plush Pillow Top.
all images from Serta