Loom and Leaf and Ghostbed are two popular foam mattresses that have seen great success since they launched. There are a lot of similarities between the two mattresses, as well as a lot of differences. I’ll go through those in this article to help you make a more informed decision.
- Both are all-foam mattresses
- Similar business model / value proposition
- Both use durable materials
- Both do a great job of keeping the mattress sleeping cool
- Loom and Leaf is one inch thicker
- Loom and Leaf has two comfort level options, while Ghostbed has just one
- The Loom & Leaf comfort layer is slightly thicker than Ghostbed’s
- Loom and Leaf uses only memory foam in the comfort layer, while Ghostbed uses latex over memory foam
- Loom & Leaf has a more slow, sinking in feel, while Ghostbed has more bounce/resilience
- L&L performs slightly better at motion isolation
- Loom & Leaf sells a Queen for $1,099 and a shipping fee; Ghostbed sells a Queen for $795 and free shipping (you typically can get $50 off as well)
Loom and Leaf Construction Takeaways
- The cover is quilted with a nice organic cotton and is zoned to provide more support in the middle of the mattress where you need it the most (where most of your weight is)
- The top layer is 2 inches of gel memory foam.
- The next layer is 2.5 inches of 5 lb. density memory foam.
- After a transition layer is a high-density support layer.
- This is a true memory foam mattress. The company uses premium foams and does a very thorough job of making sure the mattress will sleep cool.
Ghostbed Construction Takeaways
- The cover is thin and is made from polyester
- The top layer is 1.5 inches of synthetic latex. There are holes punched in them to allow for extra airflow.
- The next layer is 2 inches of gel memory foam
- The base layer is 7.5 inches of high-density polyfoam
- Taken together the mattress is designed to have the benefits of latex and memory foam without the drawbacks. It has good bounce and you sink into the mattress just a little bit.
the videos below will show off the feel of the mattresses. Loom & Leaf is much slower-moving. The firmness is about the same, with Ghostbed maybe being slightly firmer.
You Might Want To Pick Loom & Leaf If:
You Are Used To Memory Foam– If you like slowly sinking into your mattress, Loom & Leaf will provide the feel you are used to.
Motion Isolation Is A Key Factor For You– Because of its use of high-density memory foam, Loom and Leaf does a very good job at isolating motion.
You Want To Sink Into Your Mattress More– Loom and Leaf gives you a more sleeping “in” the mattress feel than Ghostbed does.
You Might Want To Pick Ghostbed If:
You Want Some Bounce– The latex top layer gives you more bounce and resilience than L&L does. This makes it easier to move around and potentially better for sex as well.
You Want To Save Money– If you are really having trouble deciding between the two, then the Ghostbed at least gives you the opportunity to save some money (up to a few hundred dollars).
Which Should You Pick?
Both are good mattresses for the right person. Figure out what exact type of feel that you want and then the decision should become much more clear.
Joe Auer is the editor of Mattress Clarity. He mainly focuses on mattress reviews and oversees the content across the site.
He likes things simple and take a straightforward, objective approach to his reviews. Joe has personally tested nearly 250 mattresses and always recommends people do their research before buying a new bed. He has been testing mattresses for over 5 years now, so he knows a thing or two when it comes to mattress selection. He has been cited as an authority in the industry by a number of large publications.
Joe has an undergraduate degree from Wake Forest University and an MBA from Columbia University.
Latest posts by Joe Auer (see all)
- Best Cheap Mattresses – Save Some Money! - October 7, 2019
- Level Sleep Vs Casper Mattress Comparison – Which Zoned Mattress Is Best For You? - October 4, 2019
- Allswell Luxe Hybrid Mattress Review – A Comfortable Value? - September 26, 2019