The PharMeDoc Full Body pregnancy pillow is a C-shaped polyester fiberfill pillow that comes with a cotton or cotton jersey cover (customers can purchase extras!). The pillow replaces the need for multiple pillows during pregnancy because it can wrap around a pregnant person and support her head, neck, back, and bump and help keep her knees aligned all at once. It can also work to keep her comfortable after the baby arrives and far into the postpartum period.
Just how easy is it to get that cover on and off and what other considerations are there to ponder? Read on for my full review to find out.
- Dimensions: 57″ x 30″ x 7”
- Weight: ~6 lbs
- Full body C-shape design aligns the neck, head, hips, and back
- Eliminates the need for multiple pillows
- Filling: polyfill material; on the firmer side
- Cover: 100 percent jersey cotton; zipper-removable
- Removable cover is both hypoallergenic and antimicrobial
- Comes in several colors (white, grey, and pink) and 100 percent cotton and jersey knit options
- Additional covers can be purchased
- Price: $39 full price (one size)
The pillow comes in one size, and its dimensions are 57″ x 30″ and 7″ in-depth, making it an effectively tall and supportive C-shaped body pillow. Although the pillow description says it’s “adjustable,” I did not see a zipper or area that I could open to access the pillow’s filling (in order to add or remove a certain amount).
My pillow cover is 100% jersey cotton in the white color; it also comes in blue, pink, or grey, and additional covers can be purchased on PharMeDoc’s website or from other retailers.
Who Makes It?
PharMeDoc has been around since 2013 and the brand produces both bedding and fitness lines with the goal of supporting their customers’ work, recovery, and rest and enabling people to live healthier, more balanced lives.
To that end, PharMeDoc sells a variety of pregnancy pillows, bed pillows, seat cushions, and fitness tools such as foam rollers, massage therapy balls, ab rollers, and yoga blocks.
Because this pillow’s cover is removable, it’s pretty easy to keep clean. Instructions advise simply unzip the cover and toss it in the washing machine to give it a refresh; the removable cover is also dryer-friendly, so drying it is a breeze.
Care instructions may vary depending on which type of cover purchased, so be sure to consult the tag on the pillow before washing and drying.
- An easy-to-remove zippered cover that is machine washable and dryer-friendly
- Versatile and replaces the need for multiple pillows
- Can be used during pregnancy and postpartum
- Separate covers are available for purchase
- Sold through various retailers
- Not “adjustable” in the sense that one can add or remove the filling from the inner pillow casing (A truly adjustable option is coming June 2018)
- Inner pillow filling cannot be cleaned in a washing machine
- Limited sizes and cover options available (cotton or jersey cotton)
- 7″ depth may be too high for some people’s heads/necks and could lead to soreness
C-shaped or U-shaped full body pillows are resoundingly popular for pregnant women; they support nearly all the areas of the body that could use extra cushioning during pregnancy and work to keep the growing body as neutrally aligned as possible, which helps prevent stiffness and soreness.
The PharMeDoc full body pillow is a C-shaped pillow that supports the head, neck, back, and between the knees. It can also be arranged to support the stomach – women can flip it around so the long side of the pillow faces them and supports their growing belly.
The filling is polyester fiberfill. It reminds me of the kind of stuffing someone would find in stuffed animals — light but tightly packaged into the casing so it provides enough support and cushion.
I am 5′ 7″ and have struggled in the past with the length of some full-body pillows and their inability to reach my knees. That is not a problem with the PharMeDoc full body pillow because it is long enough to go between my legs and still curve upwards to my stomach.
One of my favorite things about this pillow is that it has a simple zippered cover that is machine washable. The cover is easy to get on and off when needed. I also like that anyone can purchase replacement covers if they desire.
I’ve seen a couple of different versions of care instructions floating around. The care tag itself recommends air drying, but I believe there are instructions on the PharMeDoc website that say it can be tumble dried low. I tried cleaning and drying the cover both ways and it came out fine.
Individuals can use this pillow in a variety of ways (both while asleep and awake), and this versatility makes it popular with both pregnant women and others looking for full-body support. I have twisted it behind myself to keep me propped up on the couch or in bed and have also wrapped it around me at night to support my knees and to help keep me from rolling over on my back.
I would recommend the PharMeDoc full body pillow to those who are on a budget and searching for a simple but effective C-shaped body pillow to help support the body during pregnancy and after. The pillow provides plenty of length for taller women, the fiber filling held its own during my review, the cover is removable and it’s machine washable (just give it time to air dry). There are so many features that are beneficial for pregnant women or anyone looking for extra support that I find this type of pillow to be a true asset to many. Please comment below with any questions or feedback on the pillow!
For other pregnancy pillow reviews, click HERE.
Latest posts by Katie Golde (see all)
- How Genetics Impact Our Sleep - March 23, 2020
- Amerisleep Comfort Classic Pillow Review – The Perfect Foam Pillow? - March 20, 2020
- Best Cotton Sheets – Tried and Tested! - March 3, 2020