Fans of foam-filled pillows will be happy with both Tempur-Pedic’s Tempur-Symphony pillow and the Bear’s LOFT-X hybrid foam pillow. Both pillows will hold their shape and provide good support. What makes them each special? Read on for my full comparison.
- Foam fillings
- Removable and washable covers
- Textured covers
- Pillows have 5” profiles
- Both come with warranties
- Design features a gently arched side for back sleepers, and a flatter side for stomach and side sleepers
- Meant to work well for sleepers with a medium to large frame.
- Medium-Soft Feel (softens up over time)
- One Size: 24” x 17” x 5”
- Cover: 100% Polyester
- Netting: 100% Polyester
- Filling: 100% Molded ViscoElastic Polyurethane foam pad (made in the USA)
- Removable cover is machine washable and dryer friendly
- 5-year limited warranty
- Cover: Double Ice Fabric: a special fabric that feels cool to the touch; made up of 40% “cool yarn” and 60% polyester
- Queen size: 27″ x 15″ x 5″
- Core filling is made with LOFT-X FOAM: a hybrid foam that combines memory foam and latex foam to contour to your spine and neck (100% polyurethane)
- Dual mesh side panels for continuous airflow throughout your sleep
- Available in Queen and King
- 2-year warranty and 100 night trial (from the time you receive the pillow)
You Might Choose
- You sleep in multiple positions. The Tempur-Symphony is dual sided – one side is designed for sided and stomach sleepers and the other side is for back sleepers. This makes it a great option for those who like to change positions at night.
- You have a larger body type/frame. Tempur-Pedic recommends the Tempur-Symphony for medium to larger framed people. Based on my experience, I think this is a good recommendation due to its height profile and firmness.
- You sleep hot. The Bear pillow is all about helping people sleep cool. The “Double Ice” fabric is cool to the touch and the foam is ventilated to help air flow.
- You want to test it out. Bear offers a 100+ night trial on their pillow for you to see if it’s a good fit. Tempur-Symphony does not allow returns on bedding (considered a personal item).
- You want your pillow to hold its shape. Both of these pillows are solid pieces of foam. Although they are different shapes and have different features, you won’t have to worry about either of them going flat or needing to be adjusted/fluffed.
At first glance it may seem like these pillows have a lot in common. They are both filled with foam and have washable removable covers. However, the Tempur-Symphony pillow’s dual sided design is better for those who like to sleep in multiple positions and Bear’s pillow may be a good match for hot sleepers.
Latest posts by Katie Golde (see all)
- A Complete Guide To Sleep And Depression - August 16, 2019
- HoMedics SoundSpa Sound Machine Review – Can It Help You Sleep? - August 15, 2019
- Best Body Pillows 2019 – Which One Is Right For You? - August 8, 2019