Fans of foam (pillows) will be thrilled with the pillows we’re comparing today – TEMPUR-Pedic’s TEMPUR-Symphony pillow and the Bear’s LOFT-X hybrid foam pillow.
Both pillows are constructed with solid pieces of foam that will never go flat or change shape. However, TEMPUR-Pedic’s proprietary TEMPUR material is focused on contouring, while the LOFT-X foam is on another end of the spectrum with its resilience and bounce. To find out more, watch my in-depth video and full written comparison below!
- Foam fillings
- Removable and washable covers
- Textured covers
- Pillows have 5” profiles
- Both come with warranties
- Design features a gently arched side for back sleepers, and a flatter side for stomach and side sleepers
- Meant to work well for sleepers with a medium to large frame.
- Medium-Soft Feel (softens up over time)
- One Size: 24” x 17” x 5”
- Cover: 100% Polyester
- Netting: 100% Polyester
- Filling: 100% Molded ViscoElastic Polyurethane foam pad (made in the USA)
- Removable cover is machine washable and dryer friendly
- 5-year limited warranty
- Cover: Double Ice Fabric; a special innovative fabric that feels cool to the touch – made up of 40% “cool yarn” and 60% polyester
- Queen size: 27″ x 15″ x 5″
- Core: LOFT-X FOAM; a hybrid foam that combines characteristics of memory foam and latex foam to contour to one’s spine and neck (100% polyurethane)
- Dual mesh side panels for continuous airflow throughout one’s sleep overnight
- Available in Queen and King
- 2-year warranty and 100 night trial (from the time the person receives the pillow)
Who Might Choose
- Combination sleepers. The construction of the TEMPUR-Symphony is unique because it’s dual-sided. One side is designed for sided and stomach sleepers and the other side is for back sleepers. This is a great pillow for indecisive sleepers who like to change things up frequently and want options.
- Larger body types/frames. Based on its height and firmness level, TEMPUR-Pedic recommends the TEMPUR-Symphony to sleepers with medium to larger frames. Based on my experience I’m inclined to agree with the brand!
- Hot sleepers. The Bear pillow has numerous features to help keep sleepers cool, including Double Ice Fabric that’s woven with cool yarn and a ventilated core filling to promote airflow.
- Those who insist on a trial period. Bear offers a 100+ night trial on their pillow sleepers to test out and see if it’s a good match. Unfortunately, TEMPUR-Pedic does not allow returns on bedding, including any pillows.
- Those who desire a pillow that won’t fall flat. As previously mentioned, the cores of both pillows are solid pieces – albeit different shapes and features – but rest assured neither will fall flat after a night of sleep.
Based on first glances and first impressions, it can appear that these pillows are extremely similar. Yes, they’re both foam pillows with washable covers but the TEMPUR-Symphony pillow’s dual-sided design is better for combination sleepers and Bear’s pillow may be a particularly good match for hot sleepers.
Latest posts by Katie Golde (see all)
- How Genetics Impact Our Sleep - March 23, 2020
- Amerisleep Comfort Classic Pillow Review – The Perfect Foam Pillow? - March 20, 2020
- Best Cotton Sheets – Tried and Tested! - March 3, 2020