Both Snuggle-Pedic and Coop Home Goods offer comfortable and customizable shredded memory foam pillows wrapped in a super soft cover made with breathable bamboo fabric.
The pillows are similar in so many ways but they stand apart in the type – and size – of their shredded memory foam fillings. Which one is the best fit for you? Read on for my full comparison.
- Comes in Standard, Queen or King sizes
- Shredded foam fillings
- Foams are Certipur Certified
- Zippered outer cover made with viscose or rayon from bamboo
- Zippered inner cover for adjusting loft (amount of foam)
- Both outer cover and inner pillow are machine washable and dryer friendly
- Trial periods available
- Meant for any type of sleeping position
- Hypoallergenic and dust mite resistant
- Made in the USA
- Standard size retails at $49.99/each (prices may change)
- Cover: 43% Viscose from Bamboo, 56.4% Polyester and 0.6% Lycra
- Cover also made with Kool-Flow® breathable micro-vented material
- Different types of foams in a variety of color, sizes and textures, overall more crumbly and smaller pieces
- Can custom order pillow with more/less foam filling
- 90-day trial
- 20-year warranty
Coop Home Goods…
- Cover is 60% Polyester, 40% Bamboo-Derived Rayon – designed to keep you cool through the night
- Uniform foam – slightly different sizes but all the same foam
- Comes overstuffed
- 30-night trial
- 5-year warranty
Pros and Cons of Each Protector
You Might Choose:
- You want to sink into your pillow
- You want to be able to re-distribute the filling easily inside the pillow (smaller pieces make this easier)
- You want to try out shredded memory foam but aren’t looking for an overly firm or overly dense pillow (stomach sleepers may like this pillow)
- You want more than 30 days to try out the pillow (90 day trial period)
- You want built-in cooling material in pillow cover fabric – Kool-Flow™ material
Coop Home Goods If…
- You want a large, extra firm, and overstuffed pillow that you can adjust
- You are a back or side sleeper that will benefit from larger more uniform pieces of foam filling
- You want an easy and quick machine wash and dry experience
The Snuggle-Pedic and Coop Home Goods shredded memory foam pillows are very similar and both have a lot to offer in terms of adjustable comfort with their removable filling.
The outer covers on both pillows, with their bamboo fabric blend and textured pattern, felt almost identical in my experience. And the cleaning process with both pillows was simple, but it does take quite a long time for both pillows to dry.
The main difference in these pillows really comes down to the size and shape of the shredded memory foam filling. And it’s this filling that (in my opinion) makes these pillows different for different types of sleepers.
The larger uniform pieces and overstuffed nature of the Coop Home Goods pillow keep it firm and extremely responsive, even after many nights. This makes the pillow ideal for side sleepers or back sleepers or taller/larger people who want a substantial pillow.
The Snuggle-Pedic is filled with a variety of memory foam pieces, with varying densities, sizes, and shapes. After use, these smaller pieces become less responsive, which means it may feel thinner/less firm than Coop Home Goods. This makes it a great option for a stomach sleeper (or back sleeper) who wants to try shredded memory foam because it should work well with your neck and spinal alignment. And if it feels like too much initially, you can always remove some of the fillings.
The great news is that both pillows come with trial periods so you are taking less of a risk trying either of these out. Make sure to read the care instructions carefully for both pillows so you remove the foam and clean the pillow in the most efficient and hygienic way possible.