The Snuggle-Pedic and Bear pillows both offer foam fillings and cooling outer layers. What separates them most is Snuggle-Pedic’s adjustable nature with its shredded foam and Bear’s solid hybrid foam. What else is there to love about them? Read on for my full comparison.
- Cooling materials featured in outer cover fabric
- Removable and washable portions/covers
- Made in the USA
- Cover: 43% Viscose from Bamboo, 56.4% Polyester and 0.6% Lycra
- Cover also made with Kool-Flow® breathable micro-vented material
- Core filling is made from different types of foams in a variety of color, sizes and textures, overall more crumbly and smaller pieces
- Can custom order pillow with more/less foam filling
- Comes in Standard, Queen and King sizes
- 20-year warranty and 90-day trial
- Cover: Double Ice Fabric: a special fabric that feels cool to the touch; made up of 40% “cool yarn” and 60% polyester
- Core filling is made with LOFT-X FOAM: a hybrid foam that combines memory foam and latex foam to contour to your spine and neck (100% polyurethane)
- Dual mesh side panels for continuous airflow throughout your sleep
- Only available in Queen size
- 2-year warranty and 100 night trial (from the time you receive the pillow)
You Might Choose
- You sleep in different positions. The Snuggle-Pedic is a versatile pillow – you can add/remove pieces of foam within the pillow to determine your own desired loft and support. If you are a stomach, back and side sleeper you can decide what is the best amount of filling for you.
- You want a super soft outer cover. This pillow is made with viscose from Bamboo, a fabric that is known for being super soft and comfortable.
- You want a pillow you can totally wash and dry. While I wouldn’t recommend you do this regularly, it is possible to completely wash and dry the Snuggle-Pedic, so if an accident happens there is a way to get it totally clean – just follow the directions carefully.
- You want a low-maintenance pillow. It is easy to remove and wash/dry the outer cover of the Bear pillow and that is all you have to do to keep it clean. The foam won’t lose its shape or go flat, so there is no need to throw it in the dryer to fluff it (which I would recommend you do with the Snuggle-Pedic).
- You like a firmer pillow. The core of this pillow is a solid piece of latex foam and memory foam that gives the pillow an overall firmer feel than the Snuggle-Pedic, which features shredded pieces.
- You are into trying something different. There’s no doubt that the Bear pillow has a futuristic look and feel to it. The Double Ice Fabric keep it cool to the touch and gives it a smooth but slippery overall feel and the hybrid foam is ventilated, comfortable but overall supportive.
If you are looking for a foam-filled pillow, the Snuggle-Pedic and Bear pillows are two great offerings that each come with their own specialties.
The Snuggle-Pedic could be a great fit for someone who wants their pillow to meet their exact needs, even if that changes day-to-day. The adjustable filling makes it easy to customize the loft and support to meet your needs.
The Bear pillow is focused on being cool and supportive. The Double Ice fabric is unique and the solid piece of foam will hold its shape, breathes, and provides support that back and side sleepers may enjoy.
Both pillows come with warranties and trial periods, which makes it a little bit easier to give one (or both) a try to see if they’re a good fit for you.
Latest posts by Katie Golde (see all)
- How To Hang Your Blackout Curtains – Just A Few Simple Steps! - September 9, 2019
- ‘LectroFan Classic White Noise Machine Review – Is It Pitch Perfect? - September 5, 2019
- How Alcohol Impacts Sleep – What You Should Know - September 4, 2019