Despite their contrasting outward appearances, the ISO-COOL Traditional pillow and Bear Mattresses’ proprietary hybrid foam pillow share numerous characteristics. Their gorgeous foam cores are a highlight, plus they each feature innovative technology to help sleepers stay cool overnight. What sets them apart? Watch my video or keep reading for my in-depth comparison.
- Ventilated foam filings and cooling outer fabric – designed for hot sleepers
- Removable and washable portions/covers
- Only come in one size
- Both come with warranties
- 300-thread count 100% cotton cover, made with Outlast Adaptive Comfort material
- Visco-elastic memory foam filling
- Endorsed by American Sleep Association (ASA)
- Traditional size measures 18 x 24 inches
- 5-year warranty
- Cover: Double Ice Fabric: a special fabric that feels cool to the touch; made up of 40% “cool yarn” and 60% polyester
- Core filling is made with LOFT-X FOAM: a hybrid foam that combines memory foam and latex foam to contour to your spine and neck (100% polyurethane)
- Dual mesh side panels for continuous airflow throughout your sleep
- Only available in Queen size
- 2-year warranty and 100 night trial (from the time you receive the pillow)
Who Might Choose
- Stomach sleepers who prefer foam. Often foam pillows can be too firm or too tall for stomach sleepers, who typically require thinner/flatter pillows for proper neck alignment. While this particular pillow is foam filled it’s definitely on the softer side and a great fit for stomach sleepers.
- Sleepers who love a cotton cover. The 300 thread count 100% cotton cover is crisp, smooth and soft. It also features Phase Change Material in the cover that helps sleepers stay cool without a noticeable change in texture. Sleepers can easily sleep right on the cover or add a pillowcase to it.
- Back or side sleepers. The Bear pillow is a thicker piece of foam. This increased loft makes it a more comfortable fit for back or side sleepers (based on my experience, at least!).
- Hot sleepers. Both pillows are designed to breathe and pull body heat away from the sleeper, helping to keep individuals cool overnight. ISO-COOL has ventilated filling and phase change fabric that will regulate body heat. Meanwhile, Bear offers a ventilated filling, as well, and Double Ice Fabric made with “cool yarn” that is actually cool to the touch.
To summarize my comparison: Hot sleepers who prefer foam-filled pillows will enjoy either of these pillows but the biggest difference is in their thickness and loft.
Based on my experience, the thinness of the ISO-COOL pillow lends itself to stomach sleepers. This could be especially good for those looking to make a transition from a down or down alternative pillow to a foam one.
Bear’s pillow offers more loft and a thicker overall feel, making it an excellent fit for back and side sleepers who desire just a little more support.
Latest posts by Katie Golde (see all)
- How Genetics Impact Our Sleep - March 23, 2020
- Amerisleep Comfort Classic Pillow Review – The Perfect Foam Pillow? - March 20, 2020
- Best Cotton Sheets – Tried and Tested! - March 3, 2020