Despite their outward appearances, the Iso-Cool Traditional pillow and Bear’s hybrid foam pillow have many things in common. They’re both foam filled and designed to keep you cool. But what sets them apart? Read on for my full comparison.
- Ventilated foam filings and cooling outer fabric – designed for hot sleepers
- Removable and washable portions/covers
- Only come in one size
- Both come with warranties
- 300-thread count 100% cotton cover, made with Outlast Adaptive Comfort material
- Visco-elastic memory foam filling
- Endorsed by American Sleep Association (ASA)
- Traditional size measures 18 x 24 inches
- 5-year warranty
- Cover: Double Ice Fabric: a special fabric that feels cool to the touch; made up of 40% “cool yarn” and 60% polyester
- Core filling is made with LOFT-X FOAM: a hybrid foam that combines memory foam and latex foam to contour to your spine and neck (100% polyurethane)
- Dual mesh side panels for continuous airflow throughout your sleep
- Only available in Queen size
- 2-year warranty and 100 night trial (from the time you receive the pillow)
You Might Choose
Iso-Cool Traditional If …
- You are a stomach sleeper who likes foam. In many cases, foam pillows can be too firm or too lofty for stomach sleepers, who typically need thinner pillows for good neck alignment. This pillow is foam filled but on the thinner side, making it a good fit for stomach sleepers.
- You want a soft cover. The 300 thread count 100% cotton cover is smooth and soft. You can easily sleep right on the cover or add a pillow case to it.
- You are a back or side sleeper. The Bear pillow is a thicker piece of foam. This increased loft makes it a more comfortable fit for back or side sleepers (based on my experience, at least!).
- You are a hot sleeper. Both pillows are made to breathe and help you sleep cool. Iso-Cool has ventilated filling and phase change fabric that will absorb your body heat as you sleep. Bear has the ventilated filling, as well, and Double Ice Fabric made with “cool yarn” that is actually cool to the touch.
Hot sleepers who prefer foam filled pillows will enjoy either of these pillows. The biggest difference is in their thickness and loft.
Based on my experience, the thinness of the Iso-Cool pillow lends itself to stomach sleepers. This could be especially good if you are looking to make a change from down/down alternative to foam.
Bear’s pillow has more loft and a thicker overall feel, making it a good fit for back and side sleepers who are looking for just a little more support.
Latest posts by Katie Golde (see all)
- How To Hang Your Blackout Curtains – Just A Few Simple Steps! - September 9, 2019
- ‘LectroFan Classic White Noise Machine Review – Is It Pitch Perfect? - September 5, 2019
- How Alcohol Impacts Sleep – What You Should Know - September 4, 2019