If you like pillows filled with memory foam, you are in luck. Both the GhostPillow and the ISO-COOL Traditional pillow offer ventilated foam fillings that are supportive and cool. You can also remove and clean their covers, too. So what sets these two pillows apart? Read on for my full comparison.
- Fillings are solid pieces of ventilated memory foam (won’t change shape)
- Covers are removable and washable/dryer-friendly
- Cooling features are built into the design
- Warranties are available (5 years on each)
- CertiPUR-US® certified foams
- Queen size: 16” x 24” x 5.5”
- Weight: 2.86 lbs
- Filling: solid ventilated piece of gel memory foam
- Performance Cooling Side: Proprietary layer of phase change material
- Exterior Cover Performance Side: High-performance moisture wicking
- Exterior Cover Reverse Side: 97% premium polyester, 3% spandex
- Inner Cover: 100% soft cotton scrim
- Brief scent of lavender that should dissipate after a few days
- 101 night-trial and 5-year warranty
- Made in China
- Price: $85 (Queen)
- 300-thread count 100% cotton cover with Outlast Adaptive Comfort material has microscopic phase change material (PCM) beads that absorb heat and feel cool, or releases heat and feel warm
- Visco-elastic memory foam filling in a plush design
- Cover is removable and can be machine washed and dried
- Traditional-shape measures 18″ x 24″ x 4″
- Comes in Standard, Queen, and King
- Made in the USA and materials are imported
- 5 Year Limited Warranty
- Endorsed by American Sleep Association (ASA)
You Might Choose…
- You’re a back and/or side sleeper. The GhostPillow has a nice 5.5″ height profile and about a medium firmness level according to the company. This gives it good height and support for back sleepers or side sleepers. It may be too much for stomach sleepers who usually need something closer to 3″ in height.
- You like the scent of lavender. Each pillow comes packaged with the scent of lavender in it. It was noticeable to me when I unboxed the pillow but I’ve been told it should dissipate over time. I think the lavender can be pleasing but sensitive noses may want to take this into consideration.
ISO-COOL Traditional If…
- You’re a stomach sleeper. The ISO-COOL pillow comes in three different shapes: Traditional, Gusset or Contour. The Traditional is the flattest version, with a height profile of about 4″ and a plush design. Because your head sinks fairly far into the pillow, I think it’s suitable for stomach sleepers who like foam but don’t want a pillow that puts their neck and an uncomfortable angle.
- You’re looking to spend the least amount of money possible. The pillow is available at a variety of retailers and is fairly affordable. While prices fluctuate, a standard size ISO-COOL pillow is available on Amazon for around $50. A GhostPillow (which comes in a Queen size only) will cost you $85.
You’re a hot sleeper. Both of these pillows are designed for breathability and helping you sleep cool. They have aerated foam fillings to promote breathability and the GhostPillow has phase change material built into the knitted cover to help draw heat away from you. The ISO-COOL pillow features Outlast Adaptive Comfort material, which also contains phase change materials in it.
Both pillows are nice memory foam options for hot sleepers. The main difference is in their height profile. The taller pillow, the GhostPillow, is probably a better fit for back and side sleepers and the ISO-COOL Traditional pillow is flatter and better for stomach sleepers.
Latest posts by Katie Golde (see all)
- Layla Premium Bamboo Sheets Review - February 14, 2019
- Purple Debuts New Plush Pillow - February 12, 2019
- Mattress Clarity’s Top Deals For Presidents Day 2019 - February 12, 2019