There is something for everyone between these two pillows. People who like down but are allergic to it may like the Five Star Down Alternative pillow. People who like options – and foam – will prefer the Coop Home Goods Adjustable Shredded Memory Foam pillow. Either way, you will end up happy. Read on for my full comparison.
- Washable and dryer friendly
- Both can work for stomach sleepers
Five Star Down:
- 100% cotton cover – called Damask fabric with satin piping
- 300 thread count
- 1.5″ gusset for maximum loft
- 100% polyester fibers (down-like filling)
- Flat and formed
- Sizes: Standard, Queen, King, and Euro Size
- No trial period or warranty options (unless specified by retailer)
Coop Home Goods:
- Cover is 60% Polyester, 40% Bamboo-Derived Rayon and designed to be breathable
- Shredded memory foam filling (CertiPUR-US® certified foam)
- Access to filling – can remove as much/little as desired
- Comes in Standard, Queen and King sizes
- 30-night no questions money back guarantee and 5-year warranty
You Might Choose
Five Star Down If…
- You like your pillow to retain its shape. You cannot manipulate the filling inside this pillow like you can with the Coop Home Goods. It may need to be fluffed occasionally but it will stay in its traditional shape.
- You aren’t looking to splurge. The Five Star Down Alternative pillow is less expensive than the Coop Home Goods pillow and affordable on most budgets.
- You are a stomach sleeper. Based on my experience, I think this pillow is the best fit for stomach sleepers (or even some side/back sleepers) who want a little bit more firmness and even distribution than a down pillow.
Coop Home Goods if…
- You want a full pillow. The Coop Home Goods pillow comes overstuffed. Especially out of the dryer it has huge loft and a lot of support and firmness from the pieces of shredded foam. This can be a great fit for taller or larger people who are looking for that oversized pillow.
- You want options. Coop Home Goods is adjustable and filled with pieces of shredded memory foam that you can remove based on your preference. This pillow can feel comfortable for any type of sleeper and may be preferred by those who sleep in many positions who want a customizable option.
- You love the feel of soft bamboo fabric. Bamboo is known for being super soft and lightweight, which makes it great as a pillow cover. Coop Home Goods features bamboo fabric in their cover which helps it breathe and feels great against your face.
These pillows do a good job of meeting different needs. Stomach sleepers who want the cozy feeling of down (minus the allergies) will love the Five Star Down Alternative pillow. The Coop Home Goods pillow will serve any type of sleeper who wants to give shredded memory foam filling a try. The super soft bamboo/polyester cover is a treat, too.
Only Coop Home Goods comes with a trial offer but the Five Star Down Alternative pillow is a great value at an affordable price.
Latest posts by Katie Golde (see all)
- Home Essentials Company Floyd Unveils Its First Mattress - November 15, 2019
- Pillow Reviews: Casper Vs. MyPillow – How Do They Stack Up? - November 14, 2019
- Vicks Filter Free Cool Mist Humidifier Review - November 13, 2019