These two pillows have more in common than meets the eye. They’re filled with memory foam, have removable covers that are easy to launder and can both be a great asset for any back or side sleeper. One pillow allows for adjustments while the other one firmly holds its shape. Which is best for you? Read on for our full comparison.
- Memory foam-filled
- Removable and washable covers
- Both come in Queen and King sizes (among other sizes)
- Good for back and side sleepers
Coop Home Goods:
- Size (Queen): 18″ x 12″ x 3″ (taller when fluffed in dryer)
- Adjustable shredded memory foam filling (CertiPUR-US® certified foam)
- Access to filling – can remove as much/little as desired
- Cover is 60% Polyester, 40% Bamboo-Derived Rayon and designed to be breathable
- 5-year warranty and a 30 night no questions money back guarantee
- Comes in Standard, Queen and King
- Made in the USA
- Price (Queen): varies – around $39
Classic Brands Conforma:
- Size (Queen): 27″ x 16″ x 5″
- Responsive memory foam designed for side and back sleepers
- Ventilated memory foam to promote airflow and regulates body temperature during sleep
- Medium-firm feel (also described as medium-plush feel)
- Velour (80% cotton 20% polyester) knit cover is removable and machine washable
- Comes in Queen and King
- 3 year limited warranty
- Price (Queen): varies – around $32
Who Might Choose…
Coop Home Goods…
Those who want a pillow for all sleep positions. One of the biggest differences between these two pillows is that, with Coop Home Goods, sleepers can add/remove as much of the filling as desired. This makes it a good fit for all sleep types – it simply takes a small window of time to discover the right loft for ideal neck/spine alignment.
People with heavier body types. This pillow arrives virtually overstuffed with excellent loft and supportive, which is terrific for those with larger frames or broader shoulders who want enough support when they apply pressure to their pillows.
Classic Brands Conforma Memory Foam…
Those who prefer the feel of memory foam. The Conforma memory foam pillow is pretty straightforward, it’s a solid piece of ventilated memory foam with a plush removable cover. It offers that classic memory foam feel, with contouring and pressure-relieving characteristics, plus that additional “sinking in” feel.
People who enjoy velour fabric. The removable cover of this pillow is super soft – velour soft. Sleepers could easily slip a pillow cover over it and never notice a texture underneath or individuals can easily sleep on that cover alone.
Those who don’t want a pillow that will fall flat. One may be shredded pieces of foam and the other a solid piece of foam, but neither of these pillows will flatten out overnight.
Back or side sleepers. The loft and support levels of both the Coop Home Goods and the Classic Brands Conforma pillow are high enough and firm enough that they’re a better fit for back and side sleepers who need more substance than stomach sleepers (who usually need flatter pillows).
The main difference between these two pillows is that one is adjustable and filled with pieces of shredded memory foam and the other is a solid piece of memory foam. They both come with their own pros and cons and a person’s final choice will probably be based on personal preference and desired sleep position.
Both pillows should come with their own specific return policies and trial offers – make sure to read the fine print!
Latest posts by Katie Golde (see all)
- How Genetics Impact Our Sleep - March 23, 2020
- Amerisleep Comfort Classic Pillow Review – The Perfect Foam Pillow? - March 20, 2020
- Best Cotton Sheets – Tried and Tested! - March 3, 2020