Foam or fiber? Bamboo or cotton? Casper’s coated fiber-filled pillow and the Snuggle-Pedic adjustable shredded memory foam pillow stand apart in many ways but neither skimp on the comfort. Which one could be the right pillow for you? Read on for my full comparison.
- Removable covers
- Machine washable and dryer friendly
- Trial periods and warranties available
- Adjustable options
- Pillow in a pillow design
- Inner and Outer Cover Fabric: 100% Supima Cotton, Percale weave
- Outer Filling: Polyester fibers
- Inner Filling: Nearly one billion coated fibers
- Fill is sourced in South Korea and assembled in the USA
- Standard and King sizes available
- 10-year warranty and 100-night trial
- Cover: 43% Viscose from Bamboo, 56.4% Polyester and 0.6% Lycra
- Cover also made with Kool-Flow® breathable micro-vented material
- Core filling is adjustable and made from different types of foams in a variety of color, sizes, and textures, overall more crumbly and smaller pieces
- Can custom order pillow with more/less foam filling
- Comes in Standard, Queen and King sizes
- 20-year warranty and 90-day trial
You Might Choose
- You like down pillows. The polyester fibers in both the inner and outer pillow feel very similar to a classic down pillow (but this one is hypoallergenic). It is still cozy but it can sometimes fall flat and may need to be fluffed.
- You like a crisp cotton feel. The 100% cotton cover of this pillow is so nice, cool and crisp it feels like a new hotel pillow.
- You want to make it your own. The Snuggle-Pedic pillow is an adjustable pillow – you can add/remove pieces of foam to determine your own desired loft and level of support. You can even work with them to personally customize the right filling for you and your sleep type.
- You want a super soft outer cover. This pillow is made with viscose from Bamboo, a fabric that is known for being super soft and lightweight. It also has a little bit of lycra that gives it a nice stretch – no pillow case needed.
- You want options. You can remove pieces of shredded foam inside the Snuggle-Pedic foam pillow to make it work perfectly for you. And with Casper, you can also remove the outer pillow and just sleep with the inner pillow if that feels best to you.
- You want some time to decide. Both pillows come with generous trial periods (90 and 100 nights respectively). This means you can take your time deciding if either pillow is a good fit for you and helps you sleep well with proper neutral head and neck alignment.
Both of these pillows are so versatile and help to meet the needs of any type of sleeper.
With its polyester fibers, Casper’s pillow closely mimics the feeling of down. Its outer cover has a gusset that gives it loft and allows for more filling, making it a good fit for back or side sleepers. But stomach sleepers can separate the inner and outer pillows and use just one to sleep well.
The Snuggle-Pedic shredded memory foam pillow is adjustable, so you can unzip the pillow and remove (or add) as much filling as you’d like. This could make it a good fit for those interested in trying out a foam pillow.
Latest posts by Katie Golde (see all)
- How To Hang Your Blackout Curtains – Just A Few Simple Steps! - September 9, 2019
- ‘LectroFan Classic White Noise Machine Review – Is It Pitch Perfect? - September 5, 2019
- How Alcohol Impacts Sleep – What You Should Know - September 4, 2019