With foam fillings and knitted covers, Brooklyn Bedding’s #BestPillowEver and the Leesa pillow appear to be very similar. But wait a moment – there’s actually a lot that sets these pillows apart and highlights them in their own unique ways. So, what is there to know? Read on for our full comparison.
- Solid pieces of molded and ventilated foam
- Products of mattress companies (Brooklyn Bedding and Leesa)
- Made in the USA
- Trial periods available
- Soft knitted and removable covers (that can be laundered)
- Multiple sizes available
- Dimensions (Queen Plush): 16″x 29″ x 7″
- Cover: 60% Polyester, 40% Charcoal Bamboo Blend
- Filling: Single piece of ventilated Talalay latex foam
- Firm and Plush options (I am reviewing the Plush)
- Weight: 3.5 – 6 lb (depending on size and firmness)
- Certifications: 2017 Oeko-Tex Certified Latex & 2017 Certi-Pur Certified Poly Foam
- 3-year warranty
- 30-night trial
- Queen and King sizes available
- Price: $59.99 (Queen) and $79.99 (King)
- Standard size: 18” x 26” x 5”
- Filling: a solid piece of 100% Avena foam (ventilated)
- Cover: 70% Polyester, 17% Viscose, 13% Nylon
- Comes in King and Standard size
- Designed for all styles of sleeper and all body types
- Price: $75 for Standard size, $95 for King size
- Included in Leesa’s One-Ten Program, one pillow will be donated for every ten sold
- 100-night trial
Who Might Choose
- Someone who wants firmness options. The pillow comes with two comfort options: Plush and Firm. Back sleepers will most likely benefit from the Plush version, while side sleepers will probably find the Firm a more comfortable option. Stomach sleepers may struggle with the 7″ height profile and supportive foam feel.
- Those on a budget. A Queen size #BestPillowEver retails for $59.99 while the Standard size Leesa pillow is $75. This makes the Queen #BestPillowEver the least expensive option.
- People who like charitable aspects of shopping. The pillow is part of Leesa’s One-Ten Program, which means one pillow will be donated for every ten pillows sold.
- Side sleepers. The Leesa pillow is 5″ in height and offers a decent firmness and support. While everyone’s weight and height vary, this should be a good pillow for most side sleepers to get comfortable with.
- Sleepers who prefer the feel of latex foam. The #BestPillowEver is made with blended Talalay latex foam and Leesa’s pillow is filled with proprietary Avena foam – a performance blend that has latex characteristics (it’s considered a latex alternative). Both of these pillows have latex-like qualities, including a resilient feel and quick response time.
- Those who like covers that are easy to clean. The soft knitted covers on both of these pillows are easily removable with a zipper on the side of the pillow – individuals can launder them both as well as needed.
There are many reasons to love both of these pillows. For those who want comfort level options, the #BestPillowEver may be the best fit for anyone who loves the Avena foam layer on Leesa’s mattress may enjoy it in a pillow as well.
Luckily both pillows come with trial periods that help mitigate the risk of finding the right pillow.
Latest posts by Katie Golde (see all)
- How Genetics Impact Our Sleep - March 23, 2020
- Amerisleep Comfort Classic Pillow Review – The Perfect Foam Pillow? - March 20, 2020
- Best Cotton Sheets – Tried and Tested! - March 3, 2020