Two pillows, both similar in their resilient and bouncy feel and both products of bed-in-a-box mattress companies. Without a doubt, there are plenty of similarities between them but what sets each apart? To learn, watch my in-depth review or keep scrolling for the full written review.
- Filled with ventilated latex-like foam
- Both have 5” height profiles
- 100-night trial
- Removable covers that are washable and dryer friendly
- Designed for all types of sleepers
- Multiple pillow sizes available
- Made in the USA
- Made with Double Ice Fabric: a special fabric that feels cool to the touch (feels like athletic-wear material)
- Core filling is made with LOFT-X FOAM: a hybrid foam that combines memory foam and latex foam to contour to one’s spine and neck (100% polyurethane)
- Dual mesh side panels for continuous airflow throughout one’s sleep
- King and Queen sizes available
- Price: $95 for Queen, $115 for a King
- 2-year warranty
Read the full Bear pillow review
- Cover: 70% Polyester, 17% Viscose, 13% Nylon
- Filling: Avena foam (similar to latex) 100% polyurethane foam (ventilated)
- Price: $75 for Standard size, $95 for King size
- Included in Leesa’s One-Ten Program, one pillow will be donated for every ten sold
- Standard and King sizes available
Check out the complete Leesa pillow review
Who Might Choose:
- Hot sleepers. The proprietary Double Ice Fabric, with its cool-to-the-touch “cool yarn” fabric and breathable mesh panels, helps the pillow stay tremendously cool. Combine the ventilated foam filling and hot sleepers, including athletes, will be quite pleased with this option.
- Those with a decent budget. The Queen size Bear pillow costs $95, which is significantly more than $79 the Standard Leesa pillow costs. Shoppers can anticipate sales or discounts during the holidays on both of these pillows – but to invest in a Bear pillow will cost slightly more compared to the Leesa.
- Those who desire a soft pillow cover. Leesa’s cover fabric is made up of polyester, viscose and a small bit of nylon and it comes together in this gorgeous soft grey knit fabric. It’s not only aesthetically pleasing to the eye but its remarkably soft feel ensures that sleepers can virtually use the pillow sans pillowcase if they really wanted to.
- Those are interested in giving back. Leesa has a philanthropic program called the One-Ten Program and through this, Leesa donates one mattress or pillow for every 10 sold. Essentially, purchasing a pillow means helps Leesa get one step closer to donating to the community.
- Back or side sleepers. Both pillows are 5” in height and feature very similar latex-like fillings, which offer a springy, quick response, indicative of late foam over memory foam. While they’re not exactly the same, both seem to be firmer and better suited for back and side sleepers over stomach sleepers.
RELATED: Best Pillows For Side Sleepers
Each pillow utilizes new technology – primarily in their LOFT-X and Avena foams – to enhance an individual’s sleep experience. Bear will wholeheartedly appeal to hot sleepers or even athletes looking to sleep cool. Meanwhile, Leesa offers a nice philanthropic option with each purchase, their resilient foam cover doesn’t hurt, either.
Bear and Leesa both offer trial periods – back and side sleepers, try these out!