Both pillows come from well-known mattress companies, Bear and Leesa. They have ventilated foam fillings and removable covers – but there are many details that set them apart. Which one could be right for you? Read on for my full comparison.
- Filled with ventilated latex-like foam
- Both have 5” height profiles
- 100-night trial
- Removable covers that are washable and dryer friendly
- Designed for all types of sleepers
- Multiple pillow sizes available
- Made in the USA
- Made with Double Ice Fabric: a special fabric that feels cool to the touch (feels like athletic-wear material)
- Core filling is made with LOFT-X FOAM: a hybrid foam that combines memory foam and latex foam to contour to your spine and neck (100% polyurethane)
- Dual mesh side panels for continuous airflow throughout your sleep
- King and Queen sizes available
- Price: $95 for Queen, $115 for a King
- 2-year warranty
- Cover: 70% Polyester, 17% Viscose, 13% Nylon
- Filling: Avena foam (similar to latex) 100% polyurethane foam (ventilated)
- Price: $75 for Standard size, $95 for King size
- Included in Leesa’s One-Ten Program, one pillow will be donated for every ten sold
- Standard and King sizes available
You Might Choose:
- You sleep hot. The pillow is designed to be cool to the touch and breathable. It is made with Double Ice Fabric and has breathable mesh panels on the side and ventilated foam filling. Of the two options, this pillow is definitely the best bet if sleeping cool is a priority.
- You want a Queen size pillow. In some cases, size matters. Bear makes their pillow in Queen and King sizes, while Leesa (as of now) only comes in Standard and King. If you’re looking for a Queen option, Bear is for you.
- You prefer a soft pillow cover. Leesa’s cover fabric is made up of polyester, viscose and a little bit of nylon and it comes together in this soft grey knit fabric. It’s not only pleasant to look at but it really is soft to the touch and lets you sleep on the pillow without needing a cover.
- Charity pulls at your heartstrings. Leesa has a philanthropic program called the One-Ten Program. Through this, Leesa donates one mattress or pillow for every 10 sold. Purchasing a pillow means helps Leesa get one step closer to donating to the community.
- You are a back or side sleeper. Both pillows are 5” in height and have very similar latex-like fillings. While they’re not exactly the same, both seem to be firmer and better suited for back and side sleepers than stomach sleepers.
Both pillows utilize new technology – primarily in their LOFT-X and Avena foams – to enhance your sleep experience. Bear seems to focus a little more on helping you sleep cool and Leesa offers a nice philanthropic option with each purchase.
They have different size options but each offers 100 night trial periods to test them out.
Latest posts by Katie Golde (see all)
- Layla Premium Bamboo Sheets Review - February 14, 2019
- Purple Debuts New Plush Pillow - February 12, 2019
- Mattress Clarity’s Top Deals For Presidents Day 2019 - February 12, 2019