There are many reasons you might be considering a mattress topper. You could want to change the firmness or feel of your mattress. You could want a topper to help you sleep cooler or to add some more pressure relief.
If any of these situations apply to you, the ViscoSoft is worth looking into. It is a thick memory foam mattress topper that is designed to soften your mattress, providing extra pressure relief.
As a heavier side sleeper, I often have issues getting enough pressure relief on my shoulders and hips. So, I was excited to see if the ViscoSoft would add the necessary pressure relief to a firmer mattress.
Did the ViscoSoft work for me, and will it work for you? Read on for my full review.
You Might Like The ViscoSoft If…
- You are a back sleeper. If you sleep on a mattress that is too firm, it probably doesn’t feel great when you are on your back. The ViscoSoft will soften up your firm mattress, allowing your hips to sink in a fair amount. The memory foam will also conform to the shape of your body. I personally felt great back sleeping on the ViscoSoft, and I believe many will have a similar experience.
- You are a side sleeper. Side sleepers want to find a sleeping surface that is soft enough to relieve pressure on their shoulders and hips. The ViscoSoft is a great way to add soft pressure relief to your mattress. It is thick, soft, and made of high-density memory foam. Even larger side sleepers should feel comfortable on the ViscoSoft.
- You like the memory foam feel. If you like the feeling of memory foam, but don’t want to invest in a whole new mattress, the ViscoSoft should work for you. It can add that slow-moving memory foam feel to the top of any mattress. Lying on the ViscoSoft, you will slowly sink into your sleeping surface.
- You are a hot sleeper but like memory foam. One of the major drawbacks of memory foam is that it can make you sleep hotter. The material can trap heat and direct it back at you, making for an uncomfortable night’s sleep. However, the ViscoSoft’s memory foam is infused with gel, and the foam is also ventilated for airflow. When you add in the breathable cover, it should make for a cool night’s sleep.
You Might Not Like The ViscoSoft If…
- You are a stomach sleeper. If you sleep mostly on your stomach, you might not get enough support from the ViscoSoft. It softens the sleeping surface quite a bit so you might bow in at the hips. Stomach sleepers should find a topper that gives them more support or they might not need a topper at all.
- You don’t like the memory foam feel. Memory foam isn’t for everyone. For instance, if you prefer to sleep on top of your mattress, memory foam might not work for you. If you don’t like the slow-sinking feel of memory foam, consider a topper with latex or some other material.
- You have trouble moving around. The ViscoSoft’s memory foam is very slow-moving. Because of this, the topper actually makes it more difficult to change positions. If you have mobility issues or want a topper that will make it easier to move around, look at a mattress topper with more responsive foam or latex foam.
RELATED: Best Mattress Toppers 2019
Construction And Options
- The ViscoSoft is 3″ thick.
- The outer cover is made of a bamboo/rayon blend. It is breathable and cool to the touch.
- On the bottom of the cover is an anti-slip mesh.
- Inside, there are 3″ of 3.5 lb density, gel-infused memory foam. The memory foam is ventilated for airflow.
- The ViscoSoft features straps at all four corners to keep the topper secured to your mattress.
- The topper is available in Twin, Twin XL, Full, Queen, King, and California King.
The first thing I consider when I receive a new mattress topper is the speed of expansion. Basically, will this topper expand quickly so I can use it that night or will I have to wait a few days?
Well, the ViscoSoft features some of the softest memory foam I have come across. So, I was not surprised when it took the topper about 48 hours to fully expand. This is not necessarily an issue, but it is worth noting that you might not be able to use the ViscoSoft right way.
While it did take some time to expand, I did not get too much of that memory foam off-gassing. I did not notice the chemical smell I have found with other memory foam mattress toppers.
To test out the firmness of the ViscoSoft, I placed it on a mattress with a firmness rating 9/10. After adding the ViscoSoft, the mattress felt closer to a 6/10. This is a very soft mattress topper.
So, how do I feel sleeping on the ViscoSoft?
- When I am on my back, the ViscoSoft is a good match for me. I sink into the topper, but I feel supported. The memory foam presses up into my lumbar area and the memory foam takes the shape of my body. My hips sink in but not too far.
- Lying on my side, the ViscoSoft relieves almost all pressure on my shoulders and hips. I am a larger person, and I often drop right through softer memory foam toppers. However, this is some thick, high-density memory foam. I feel great pressure relief, and I don’t bottom out.
- Stomach sleeping, the ViscoSoft is way too soft for me. I need much more support on my hips, and I feel like the center of my body is dropping into the topper.
The ViscoSoft adds that soft, memory foam feel to the top of the mattress. The mattress has more of an innerspring feel without the topper. With the ViscoSoft, I am really only feeling that slow-moving, quicksand feel.
Memory foam is known for trapping heat. However, I did not have this issue with the ViscoSoft. The cover feels very cool and, resting on the topper for a good amount of time, I don’t feel like I am heating up. It feels like the gel infusion and ventilation are doing their job well.
In the end, I was very impressed by the ViscoSoft Memory Foam Mattress Topper. It relieves pressure better than many memory foam toppers I have tried and does not sleep too hot.
The ViscoSoft comes with a 60-day money-back guarantee and a 3-year warranty.
Latest posts by Marten Carlson (see all)
- Late Mornings Sateen Duvet Cover Review – Comfy And Eco-Friendly? - November 5, 2019
- Luxome Cooling Weighted Blanket Review – Hot Or Cold? - November 1, 2019
- Innerspring Vs Memory Foam Mattresses – The Ultimate Showdown - October 29, 2019